Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hps
Employee
Employee

Publisher Analyzer Tool

A simple QlikView application to analyze reloads in publisher node(s).

High level points of interest shown with the application:

• QVB usage per node
  • Resource consumption (RAM/CPU) per node
    • If performance counters are enabled (Also attached)
  • Success/failures per day, hour task
  • Reload durations
    • Over time per task
    • Step breakdown per reload (Open, reload, save..)
  • Top 5
    • Slowest
    • Most common failures
    • Most common exceptions

0.60 addition: Minor bug fix and added support for QlikView 12.x

DISCLAIMER: Use as you wish and please provide feedback, but no support is given to the application

Labels (1)
19 Replies
hps
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi,

The performance counters are not included in this .qvw.

But they are with the QVscriptGenTool.

QV Scalability Tools (QV10,QV11,QV12)

I will try to update the publisher analyzer to include this file in any updates I make.

Regards,

Hampus von Post

psankepalli
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Superb tool.. great work..

Not applicable

Hello !!

i'm facing an issue with the tool  he's detecting the date on another format :s

the month is detected as a day and vice versa if you can help me on this as soon as possible plz

thanks

rahulsud007
Creator
Creator

Hi Hampus, this is a great tool. Thanks for the upload.

!

I was trying to use this application, but when I reload I was getting the following error,

Attached is the error which we r getting. Kindly suggest.

error.pngThank you !

hps
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi Rahul S,

Late reply but this error occurs when the analyzer is not properly able to extract the timestamp from the logs.

I gather the timestamp in two places.

First on the Root Load tab where I try to extract the times. Here I've added US timestamps as well as your local QlikView default as set in "SET TimestampFormat='YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss[.fff]';"

The second places where I suspect that your script fails is in the PublisherLogs where the ALT query is a bit larger as seen below:

timestamp(floor(alt(timestamp#(@1,'MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss'),timestamp#(@1,'MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss TT'),timestamp#(@1,'MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss.fff'),timestamp#(subfield(@1,'T',1)&left(subfield(@1,'T',-1),6),'YYYYMMDDhhmmss'), @1), '.0000001')) as DateTime,

If neither of those formats matches your timestamp format or the default set by header then you will get this error.

So the question is now. What format is the first column in the Rootlog and a sample publisher log?

And what is your default SET setting otherwise?

Then you should be able to modify the script to get going.

Regards,

Hampus von Post

hps
Employee
Employee
Author

Also I think there was a log format change between QlikView 11.2 and QlikView 12.

Which version are you using?

rahulsud007
Creator
Creator

Hi Hampus, you were right date format needed to be change. I have changed it, its working fyn now. Thank you.

Is there anyway I would be able to find the reload start time of triggered qvw application?

Suppose I have two applications, QV-Gen1 and QV- Gen2. I would like to have reload start time of QV-Gen2.

hps
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi,

The easiest way is to mark the task/document you want to view and look at the "TaskStart" field, which would be what you are looking for.

Do you mind posting a sample of your logs timestamp format so I could append that to the document for future reference?

Thanks,

Hampus von Post

hian_cintra
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Hampus, how you doing?

By first, thank you for this tool, very very useful for us, let me ask you:

Is there any known issue on Qlikview 12? When i changed my environment to the version 12, the Publisher Analysys does not show the document list anymore.

Can you tell me where os what to analyse on the script?

hps
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi,

I've uploaded a new version.

Try it out as it should work for QV 12.

Regards,

Hampus von Post