Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

QV Scalability Tools (QV10,QV11,QV12)

This package (referred to as QVScalabilityTools) contains a complete set of tools for easy creation, execution and analyzing of load/performance tests and regression tests.

QlikView documents to help analyze result and log files(This was previously included in this package):Scalability Results Analyzer

Older versions of the tool can be found here: Tool for easy creation of load/performance tests of QlikView (v.10 and 11)

Tools for Qlik Sense can be found here: Qlik Sense Scalability Tools

Note: Using windows built-in unzip functionality will not allow the .exe to launch unless unblocking zipped package first (properties -> unblock).

Note: Regarding Apache Log4j, reference CVE-2021-44228 (also referred to as Log4Shell), these set of tools are not directly vulnerable to the exploit, however JMeter, the tool required as a separate download, is. How to mitigate the vulnerability for JMeter has been documented here : https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Qlik-Scalability-tools-and-log4j/ta-p/1872009 

Included parts are:

• Standalone application for creating a JMeter script
  • Support files for launching the script by utilizing the JMeter engine (JMeter installed is a pre-requisite)
  • Documentation on how to use the package

Version 1.2.7->1.2.8

• Changes Section Access requests

Changelog 1.2.6->1.2.7

• NTLM support removed due current solution broken and lack of a new secure solution.
  • Small updates for static content, for future product releases.

2019-08-26

Documentation updates due to:
- New recommended JMeter version (4.0)
- Changes to the licensing for the Oracle Java implementation (seehttps://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/overview/oracle-jdk-faqs.html)
- Open-source Java Development Kits (JDKs) have been verified for use with JMeter and the QlikView Scalability Tools

Changelog 1.2.5->1.2.6

• Added support for QlikView 12.50 and 12.20SR10

Changelog 1.2.4->1.2.5

• Added support for QlikView 12.30

Changelog 1.2.3->1.2.4

• Added support for JMeter 4.0 and Java 9.
  • Bugfixes for regression testing
  • Added actions: Select Excluded, Select All, Select Possible
  • Added support for 12.20 SR3

Changelog 1.2.2->1.2.3

• Bugfix for export to excel action
  • Added transfer state (bookmark) support for document chaining
  • GUI: Template selection more accurately show supported Qv versions

Changelog 1.2.1->1.2.2

• Bugfixes, make sure minimum amount of selections are respected in certain corner cases

Changelog 1.2->1.2.1

• Improved performance for high throughput scenarios

Changelog 1.1 -> 1.2

• Improved assertions logic to show faulty actions as errors
  • Change JMeter template scripts to use groovy instead of beanshell
  • New prerequisites:
    • JMeter version 3.0
    • Java 64-bit JRE 8

Your use of QVScalabilityTools will be subject to the same license agreement between you and QlikTech for QlikView Server. QlikTech does not provide maintenance and support services for QVScalabilityTools, however please check QlikCommunity for additional information on use of these products.

PLEASE NOTE:

The supported versions of Java are 8 and 9. Supported version of JMeter are 3.0 and 4.0, but not 3.2

146 Replies
rcflores
Contributor II
Contributor II

I am trying to use this tool to run some regression tests but am running into a problem with authentication. I have the test using NTLM authentication, and am also able to confirm that I can get into my apps using my network credentials without any problem.

The test is very simple - login to access point, open document, then make a random selection from a listbox. Whenever I run my test though, I see this in the logs:

1582847730495,9,/QvAJAXZfc/Authenticate.aspx,401,Unauthorized,QlikView 1-1,,false,140,1,1,9

I also see this error (I replaced object IDs with # symbols):

1582847765326,51,JSR223 Sampler - validate ObjectID,418,Assertion Failed! Extraction of values to make selection in ##### failed. Please check if Object ##### exitst.,QlikView 1-1,text,false,0,1,1,0

Any suggestions on where I should look to find out where I'm going at this incorrectly?

dnagarajan
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Fellas,

Will the scalability tool works on DMS with NTLM Authentication ? 

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi,

NTLM support was removed in  version 1.2.7

dnagarajan

Yes I'm aware, was hoping to get any other solution with my current Auth method. So the only way to go forward in Header Auth ? Thanks for the response @Daniel_Larsson 

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee
Author

Header auth is the currently preferred method yes. Theoretically it should be possible to set it up with Anonymous with IIS, however this has not been tested by us for a long time.

Kritika
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

We are trying to run the benchmarking tool for QV12. Post-implementation of all the steps mentioned in the pdf as it is, we are getting the below error when PowerShell tries to  Invoke Web request to Access Point.

401- Unauthorized access is denied due to invalid credentials.

We have enabled DMS authorization (we use NTFS and NTLM)and set the authentication type to Header as mentioned in the docs.

The chrome extension is also enabled for QVUSER, but we are still stuck with this issue.

Kritika
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

We are trying to run the benchmarking tool for QV12. Post-implementation of all the steps mentioned in the pdf as it is, we are getting the below error when PowerShell tries to  Invoke Web request to Access Point.

401- Unauthorized access is denied due to invalid credentials.

We have enabled DMS authorization (we use NTFS and NTLM)and set the authentication type to Header as mentioned in the docs.

The chrome extension is also enabled for QVUSER, but we are still stuck with this issue.

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi,
I assume with "the chrome extension" you mean a header mod extension. If you try to use that to log in manually with header authentication towards the server, does it work?

Kritika
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Daniel,

We are able to manually log in to the access point using the header mod extension.

Getting the above error 401- Unauthorized access is denied due to invalid credentials when we try to do the same thing with the Powershell script.

There's one more thing, even with header extension enabled with all appropriate settings in QMC. Access Point still Prompts for the credentials.

After providing my creds, it logs in with QVUSER.

Ideally with DMS authorization and Header enabled, it should not prompt us for user creds?

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee
Author

@Kritika wrote:

There's one more thing, even with header extension enabled with all appropriate settings in QMC. Access Point still Prompts for the credentials.

After providing my creds, it logs in with QVUSER.

If you are getting a credentials prompt you are logging in with your NTLM user and not the user set in the QVUSER header.
So this mean the DMS and Header settings are not correct and this is the reason the tool cannot login, nor the login using header extension mod.

Can you please verify your settings comparing to the screenshots in the documentation?