Note: Our legacy performance testing offering can be found here: Qlik Sense Scalability Tools.
The Qlik Sense Enterprise Scalability Tools are used to create and run load and performance tests towards Qlik Sense Enterprise for Windows (QSEfW).
Included parts are:
Qlik Sense documents to help analyze result and log files can be found here :https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-15451
v1.9.0 - v1.10.0
v1.8.0 - v.1.9.0
v1.6.0 - v1.7.0
Your use of Qlik Sense Enterprise Scalability Tools will be subject to the same license agreement between you and Qlik for your Qlik Sense License. Qlik does not provide maintenance and support services for the Qlik Sense Enterprise Scalability Tools, however please check QlikCommunity for additional information on use of these products.
We are trying to use this tool to do performance testing with QlikSense hosted on Google Cloud Environment where authentication is SAML. Can we use scalability too to connect with QlikSense on GCP?
There's no out of the box support for custom authentication.
With some work it's however possible. The GUI uses this tool to run the actual simulations. github.com/qlik-oss/gopherciser . This can be extended with custom actions performing the login. The custom gopherciser can then be loaded into the GUI (or be run from command line). There's a template repo on how to extend the tool with custom actions here: https://github.com/qlik-oss/gopherciser-extended-example
It does however not include an example with a custom authentication action.
There can be various reasons for app import failure. It would be helpful to check the logs of Repository and Engine to find out the actual cause of failure. Could you please check the logs and let us know?
Hi Rohit, thanks for responding. I've tried importing the app again and it fails immediately. I went to check the logs for Repository and Engine folders and none of the files or sub folders were updated with the timestamp of when I tried the import. I also checked the App Migration folder and the log folder hadn't been updated either. It doesn't look like anything is being written to the logs folder in order to identify why it's failing.
It is very strange that no logs are being written. It indicates that there might be something wrong with the deployment. I would recommend to do the following:
Are you able to provide the 200M-PTSalesAnalytics-v3.qvf without data so I could see if that imports?
It is great that all things are fine and you see logs being written. So coming back to the original suggestion, what are the errors shown in the logs when you try to import this app? The logs must state why did the app import fail. That would be helpful to know the cause of failure.
I tried importing an app that I know will import successfully and I see the logs get updated. Right after that I attempt to import the 200M-PTSalesAnalytics-v3.qvf, it fails immediately then check the same logs and nothing new is written to the log. I'm looking at the following logs:
Thanks for your answers. I need to dig it a bit more. I would need following details related to your environment-
I would also like to know the way you are importing the app in your environment. I meant if you are using QMC or some other scripted way?
From where did you download the app and where did you save the downloaded app? Is it on remote location or is it on the same Qlik Sense server disk? What is the size of the downloaded app on your downloaded location?
Could you please check if there is Windows event log created on your machine when import fails?
I would also like to know if the user account QSE services are running with, has the access to the location from where you are reading the app to import in?
This will help me to understand the problem a bit better.
Operating system and version: Windows Server 2016 with 8 cores on server and licensed for 4 cores for Qlik Sense Enterprise. Disk size on the server and available disk size. C: - 126 GB with 20.6 GB free space. 64 GB RAM on server.
I’m using Chrome. I’m importing via the QMC.
I downloaded 200M-PTSalesAnalytics-v3.qvf app from here: https://qliktechnologies365.sharepoint.com/:f:/s/ScalabilityLab/Eodm95Sn7K5PsXFG-iZjQF0BhO1eM59v9LW2... ScalabilityLab-Public > HW BM Package > downloaded 200M-PTSalesAnalytics-v3.qvf. When I download the file it’s saved to my own computer downloads (size: 5.45 GB). But I also saved it on server (same file size 5.45 GB) and attempted to import via the QMC (logged in as service account) and the import still failed. There were no Windows Event Logs created when the import failed.
Thank you for your assistance.