cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense Enterprise Scalability Tools

Note: Our legacy performance testing offering can be found here: Qlik Sense Scalability Tools.

The Qlik Sense Enterprise Scalability Tools are used to create and run load and performance tests towards Qlik Sense Enterprise for Windows (QSEfW).

Included parts are:

• Documentation on how to use the package
  • Command line tool for Windows, Mac and Linux. This command line tool (gopherciser) is open source and can be found here .
  • GUI for Windows, Mac and Linux.

Downloadable files can be found here:
📎 Qlik Sense Enterprise Scalability Tools 

Qlik Sense documents to help analyze result and log files can be found here :https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-15451

Change log

v1.11.0 - v1.11.1

• Gopherciser v0.17.26 - v0.18.5
    • Bugfixes

v1.10.2 - v1.11.0

• Support for Feb 2024 Sense release
  • Gopherciser v0.17.21 -> v0.17.26
    • Bugfixes
    • Report sub hypercube errors as errors instead of warnings (unless calculation condition)

v1.10.1 - v1.10.2

• Rebranded with new Qlik Logo

v1.10.0 - v1.10.1

• Gopherciser v0.17.7 -> v0.17.21
    • Added support for layout container object
    • Added support for new pivot table
    • Added support for sn-text object
    • Added support for sn-table object
    • Added support for sn-shape object
    • Added hyper cube sub-errors as warnings (These warnings will become errors in v1.11.0)

v1.9.0 - v1.10.0

• Gopherciser v0.17.7 -> v0.17.11
    • Open Hub Api compliance August 2023 release
    • Open App Api compliance August 2023 release

v1.8.0 - v.1.9.0

• Updated scheduler
  • Updated reglog
  • Gopherciser v0.17.4 -> v0.17.7
    • Changed parameters for prometheus push gateway
    • bugfixes

v1.7.0-v1.8.0

• Updated scheduler
  • Gopherciser v0.17.0 -> v0.17.4
    • Configurable max websocket frame size
    • Improved disonnect discoverability
    • Add in-mem Get app structure method
    • [Apicompliance] openapp
    • Bugfixes

v1.6.0 - v1.7.0

• New installer - Option for personal install which should solve issues with "Administrator" privileges.
  • Updated scheduler
  • Gopherciser v0.16.2 -> v0.17.0
    • Bugfixes
    • Add option to print result json to script validate command
    • Updated api compliance for openhub action.
  •  
  •  

Your use of Qlik Sense Enterprise Scalability Tools will be subject to the same license agreement between you and Qlik for your Qlik Sense License. Qlik does not provide maintenance and support services for the Qlik Sense Enterprise Scalability Tools, however please check QlikCommunity for additional information on use of these products.

Labels (2)
99 Replies
MisterRoy
Contributor III
Contributor III

I never did reply, forgive me. I just needed to launch the tool with an account that had admin rights. Once I did that, everything worked as it should.

Thanks!

MisterRoy
Contributor III
Contributor III

Team, good morning. We are attempting to open multiple apps in one script but we are getting a "not valid for mode" error. The steps in the script are:

1 - Open App A

2 - Go To Hub

3 - Open App B

I even tried using the Disconnect App (i think this is the correct name?) command between step 1 and 2 with the same result.

The GUIDs for the Apps are correct as we are successfully testing them in their individual test scripts.  So, starting from the top, is it possible to open multiple apps in one script? Thanks!

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi there's some text before the "not valid for mode". E.g.

> filename<myfile.txt> not valid for mode<current>

or
> app<myapp> not valid for mode<round>

etc, there's a lot of variations, with the syntax parameter<value> not valid for mode<appmod>

It means you have an mismatching configuration for the appmode and some other parameter in the action. See the documentation for the action.

And yes, it's possible to open multiple apps in a script, when the second app is opened the first one is closed, so it's a good idea, but not necessary to have a disconnectapp directly after any action within the app, e.g. before the new openhub action.

MisterRoy
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thank you. I found the error. Silly oversight. It's working. 

Awakenings
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Is an Admin account mandatory to use this software? That doesn't look so good for an enterprise-environment where admin accounts are quite limited 😞

MisterRoy
Contributor III
Contributor III

It is for us. We have to run the application with elevated accounts on our workstations.

nagarwal
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hello Sacalability Team,

Could you please help me out ?

I have installed Qlik Sense Enterprise Scalability tool on my server machine but when I try to open the tool I am getting as Tool stopped working. I have attached screen shot.
When I tried to install it on user machine and tried to connect to server hostname it is giving error as websocket connected, but authentication failed. Attached the screen shot for the same.
Could you please help me out why this issue is coming and how should I resolve this

SebastianFabian
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi! I'm not sure what's causing the application crash on your server, could you take a look in Event Viewer if there are any related error messages? You should be able to look for it by going to Windows Logs -> Applications and filtering by Event source. Another way is to reproduce it and then immediately look at the most recent log entries.

As for the connection error, it doesn't look as if you've configured connection settings completely. Please check the pages 31 and 32 in the included PDF manual for examples of how to set up and use header authentication with the tool. Hope that helps!

Best regards,

Sebastian

nagarwal
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

hey Sebastain,

Thanks for reply

I have updated the connection settings but now getting new error as attached

SebastianFabian
Former Employee
Former Employee

At this point I would try connecting to Sense from the same machine using the browser, to verify the settings. This can be done using for example Firefox and the extension "Modify Headers", please see bottom of page 32 in the manual.