cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense Scalability Tools

This package (referred to as Qlik Sense Scalability Tools) contains a complete set of tools for easy creation, execution and analysis of load/performance tests.

This tool is now deprecated and will not receive any further updates, please use the Qlik Sense Enterprise Scalability Tools instead.

Supported versions of Qlik Sense: all 2020, all 2021, 2022-aug

Included parts are:

• Standalone application for creating and executing a simulation script
  • Documentation on how to use the package
  • Regression analyzer
  • Benchmarking package
  • App evaluator package

QlikView and Qlik Sense documents to help analyze result and log files (previously included in this package) can be found here :https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-15451

Troubleshooting

For help to troubleshoot connection problems, please review Appendix A of the documentation or Connection Troubleshooting Tips

Change log

v5.17.0

• Add support for Qlik Sense May 2022 release
  • Add support for Qlik Sense Aug 2022 release

v5.16.0

• Add support for Qlik Sense Feb 2022 release

v5.15.0

•  Add support for Qlik Sense Nov 2021 release

v5.14.0

• Add support for Qlik Sense Aug 2021 release

(See Readme.txt for changes in earlier versions of the tool.)

Your use of Qlik Sense Scalability Tool will be subject to the same license agreement between you and Qlik for your Qlik Sense License. Qlik does not provide maintenance and support services for the Qlik Sense Scalability Tool, however please check QlikCommunity for additional information on use of these products.

Labels (2)
199 Replies
rafael_cabello
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hello,

This version supports extensions and mashup?

A greeting.

Thank you.

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee
Author

Rafael Cabello Cuevas skrev:

Hello,

This version supports extensions and mashup?

A greeting.

Thank you.

No, not anymore than previous versions. I.e. same as been written here before:
For extensions: Will will do GetObject, GetProperties and GetLayout requests, but no GetData requests. If the extension does not contain a hypercube we will print a warning, if the extension shouldn't contain a hypercube this could  be safely ignored. As an extension is javascript which could do basically anything there's no possibility to add support for this as the tool does not, and should not, execute any javascript functions.

For mashup: For similar reason as extensions we do not support mashups, as this would basically mean to support any random web page. The best way to test how a mashup page would affect you sense installation would be to create a sheet in the app containing the objects which would be on the mashup. The create a scenario similar to how the users would use the objects if they where on the mashup page.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

I'm trying to run the 4.3 version of Benchmark. I have the Client and Host configured and can connect both from the Exerciser and in a browser.  When running the .\Execute-BM-Package.ps1 it calls the BM-PackageDefinitionCustomized.json file and the test starts.  All looks good and the PS Script shows the services stopping and restarting. 

I'm not sure what this error message means?

G:\GIT\PEST\qe-scalabilitytools\TestScheduler\TestScheduler\Tasks\SDKExerciserTask.cs

Thanks,

Eric

I did make sure the zip was unblocked. Exerciser can run but not the HW Benchmark App

Welcome to benchmarking package for QlikSense

Reading the config file

Proxy hostname        ::   bnqs02vwd.bhi.local

Engine hostname       ::   bnqs02vwd.bhi.local

High Capacity Server  ::   NO

SDKExerciser version  ::   v4.3.0

Loop                  ::   1

Test Name             ::   HWBM

Comment               ::   Sept2017Patch3,VM1

!! Do not forget to turn on the performance counters on the QlikSense server !!

Is this Information correct? (Y/N): y

Creating ServerInfo.xml file

Creating custom Script definition based on values from config

C:\\efrayer\\SCTools\\scalabilitytools-4.3.0\\BenchmarkingPackage\\Results\\HWBM20180425-122706\\

Starting test execution

2018-04-25 12:27:07,280 109     1       INFO    TestScheduler.Program   Running test schedule at PackageDefinition\BM-Pa

ckageDefinition-Customized.json

2018-04-25 12:27:07,295 125     1       INFO    TestScheduler.Program   Notification pipe token is 0cc818e9-1a46-43df-bc

82-adae5e153293

2018-04-25 12:27:07,295 125     1       INFO    TestScheduler.Program   Command pipe token is 32d34851-1424-4430-a947-d7

2018-04-25 12:27:07,295 125     1       INFO    TestScheduler.Program   Create subfolder is set to False

2018-04-25 12:27:17,627 10457   4       INFO    TestScheduler.Tasks.RestartQSSTask      Restart Qlik Sense Services task

started

2018-04-25 12:27:17,659 10488   4       INFO    TestScheduler.Tasks.RestartQSSTask      Stopping service QlikSenseEngine

Service

2018-04-25 12:27:21,595 14424   4       INFO    TestScheduler.Tasks.RestartQSSTask      Service QlikSenseEngineService s

-----------------------------  Services all stop and restart ------------------------------------------------------------------

2018-04-25 12:28:38,463 91292   6       INFO    TestScheduler.Tasks.RestartQSSTask      Service QlikSenseEngineService s

tarted

2018-04-25 12:30:38,477 211307  6       INFO    TestScheduler.Tasks.SDKExerciserTask    Invoking SDKExerciserConsole: C:

\efrayer\SCTools\scalabilitytools-4.3.0\SDKExerciser\v4.3.0\SDKExerciserConsole.exe config="C:\efrayer\SCTools\scalabili

tytools-4.3.0\BenchmarkingPackage\Scripts\PreLoad.json" configname="2-Preload1-PreLoad" server=bnqs02vwd.bhi.local app="

200M-PTSalesAnalytics" ssl=False headername=X-Qlik-Userheader virtualproxyprefix=header iterations=2 usernameprefix=Exer

ciser concurrentusers=1 rampupdelay=1.00 executiontime=-1 instancenumber=1 appmode=Open newuserforeachiteration=True aft

eriterationwait=NoWait afteriterationwaittime=0 logDir="C:\efrayer\SCTools\scalabilitytools-4.3.0\BenchmarkingPackage\Re

sults\HWBM20180425-122706"

2018-04-25 12:30:38,480 211310  6       ERROR   TestScheduler.Tasks.SDKExerciserTask    Error while running task "2 - Pr

eload1" System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified

at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()

at TestScheduler.Tasks.SDKExerciserTask.RunSDKExerciserTask(IEventAggregator eventAggregator, CancellationToken cance

llationToken) in G:\GIT\PEST\qe-scalabilitytools\TestScheduler\TestScheduler\Tasks\SDKExerciserTask.cs:line 96

PawelF
Employee
Employee

Hi Eric,

This seems like a configuration issue.

Maybe we should update the description of the settings in scalabilitytools-4.3.0\BenchmarkingPackage\Config.txt

As it might not be clear enough.

If you look at Config.txt file there is a line:

SDKExerciser version=

It seems like here you put the version of the scalabilitytools which is 4.3.0 but it should be the SDKExerciser version, which you can found in:

scalabilitytools-4.3.0\SDKExerciser\

This is the list of currently supported versions

So try to change the Config.txt to for example:

SDKExerciser version=Feb2018

and run the test.

Please let us know if this solved your problem.

Kind regards

Pawel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Pawel!  This solved my problem.  I have new problem now.  I'm ending up with thousand of BMTEST users as a result of running the tests.  I changed the script to not initiate a new user but I still have 6000+ users I need to remove.  Is there any easy way to do this -- or do I have to use PGAdmin and edit the Postgres Database directly. Thanks! - Eric

jok
Employee
Employee

Eric,

You can use the Qlik-CLi PowerShell module to do this.

ssamuels
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi All,

I'm having trouble with the AppEvaluator in Scalabitlity Tools v4.4.0. After setting the connection properties (with NTLM authentication) to my Qlik Sense server (running April 2018 release) I am able to retrieve the app structure, so the connection is fine I guess. The worker settings are set to 'ComplexityIndexWorker'. When I start the executor I see the following messages appear in the log.

Starting test towards Uri: wss://*************.e-mergo.nl/

10:44:06 Workers:0 Errors:0 Warnings:0 Requests:0 Sessions:0

10:44:16 Workers:1 Errors:0 Warnings:0 Requests:1 Sessions:1

10:44:26 Workers:1 Errors:0 Warnings:0 Requests:1 Sessions:1

10:44:31   Failed to fetch the Engine.exe Processor info: The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA).

Why is this warning "failed to fetch the Engine.exe processor info..." showing up in the log? 

Alexander_Ivakin
Employee
Employee

Hi Steven,

The ComplexityIndexWorker uses WMI RPC to get the stats of the Engine.exe process.

From the error message, it looks that either the WMI services are not running on the target server or that the NTLM authenticated user doesn't have permissions to execute the WMI RPC calls or that the firewall is preventing the WMI RPC.

Try executing the rpcping -s {server} to check if you can RPC the server.

Kind regards,

Alexander Ivakin

ssamuels
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Alexander,

The RCP service is running on the target machine. I tried to RPC the server with th rpcping command from my local machine (where the Scalability Tool is running). This also seems to work:

rpcping -s {server}

Completed 1 calls in 250 ms

4 T/S or 250.000 ms/T

The account I'm using for NTLM authentication has local admin permissions on the target machine.

Thanks,

Steven

Alexander_Ivakin
Employee
Employee

Steven,

Can you check if the following query works from the command prompt on the machine where you run the Scalability tools:

wmic /node:"{server}" process where name="Engine.exe" get KernelModeTime,UserModeTime,WorkingSetSize,PeakWorkingSetSize

This is more or less the query that the ComplexityIndexWorker is executing.

It looks like the 0x800706BA-error is a connection error that might be caused by the firewall settings, so the aforementioned query should also fail. If it does fail, here are the steps for setting up the firewall for WMI: Setting up a Remote WMI Connection (Windows)‌.

Hope this helps,

Alexander