cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense Scalability Tools

This package (referred to as Qlik Sense Scalability Tools) contains a complete set of tools for easy creation, execution and analysis of load/performance tests.

This tool is now deprecated and will not receive any further updates, please use the Qlik Sense Enterprise Scalability Tools instead.

Supported versions of Qlik Sense: all 2020, all 2021, 2022-aug

Included parts are:

• Standalone application for creating and executing a simulation script
  • Documentation on how to use the package
  • Regression analyzer
  • Benchmarking package
  • App evaluator package

QlikView and Qlik Sense documents to help analyze result and log files (previously included in this package) can be found here :https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-15451

Troubleshooting

For help to troubleshoot connection problems, please review Appendix A of the documentation or Connection Troubleshooting Tips

Change log

v5.17.0

• Add support for Qlik Sense May 2022 release
  • Add support for Qlik Sense Aug 2022 release

v5.16.0

• Add support for Qlik Sense Feb 2022 release

v5.15.0

•  Add support for Qlik Sense Nov 2021 release

v5.14.0

• Add support for Qlik Sense Aug 2021 release

(See Readme.txt for changes in earlier versions of the tool.)

Your use of Qlik Sense Scalability Tool will be subject to the same license agreement between you and Qlik for your Qlik Sense License. Qlik does not provide maintenance and support services for the Qlik Sense Scalability Tool, however please check QlikCommunity for additional information on use of these products.

Labels (2)
199 Replies
bkengskool
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

we are trying to use the app analyzer - Scalability app QSAEAnalyzer. The results are returning no metrics from the machine ram usage. Scenario file is not picking up any metrics. We have started the perfmon and started the logging service. We copied the app results file into the app evaluator folder. The only metric shown in the app is time to open. Any idea on the problem? 

Thank you

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi, sorry for the late, reply, unfortunately the system had unsubscribed me from notifications.

@Patrick1210 wrote:
- Would  you recommend to install the Scalability tool on one of the Engine node, where it will be closer to an user simulation ?In this case, should the virtual proxy still be customised ? As the scalability tool is on the Engine node I tend to say no, but is it the case ?

I would not recommend it.

* User time also includes network latency, by using a dedicated load client placed in same network as user it response times would be somewhat closer to real user response times.
* Depending on Workingset min/max settings on engine and the size of the simulation, and amount of available ram/cpu the tool might "steal" resources the engine could normally utilize ( same as running any else on an engine node)

Also tool always connects through proxy, never directly to engine. So virtualproxy with the authentication settings for the simulated test users still recommended.

@Patrick1210 wrote:

- In order to use the pre-caching option, should a admin service account be created & dedicated to the pre-caching option, in order to get a better audit on who accesses the apps ?

That's entirely up to your organization/ your IT / Depending on your audit needs. It's weighted decision between traceability and increased administration.

@Patrick1210 wrote:

- Is there any option to create fail-over solution in case the tools breaks down ?

Not entirely sure what you mean here. If the tool is run command line you can check the error code to react on it in a script. Not sure what you want to fail-over to.

@Patrick1210 wrote:

- within this caching option, how can I be sure the jobs have run ? Is there any log ensuring this ? as well as performance records between 2 opening of dashboards ?

There will be a result file, just as when running normal load testing. These result files can also be loaded into the analyzer to be compared.

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee
Author

@bkengskool wrote:

we are trying to use the app analyzer - Scalability app QSAEAnalyzer. The results are returning no metrics from the machine ram usage. Scenario file is not picking up any metrics. We have started the perfmon and started the logging service. We copied the app results file into the app evaluator folder. The only metric shown in the app is time to open. Any idea on the problem? 

Did you also copy the performance monitor logs into the appropiate folder, and are they in csv file format?

bkengskool
Contributor
Contributor

Hi daniel,

I did enable the perfmon logs, can you tell me which folder they should go in and confirm the proper file naming convention>?

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee
Author

@bkengskool wrote:

Hi daniel,

I did enable the perfmon logs, can you tell me which folder they should go in and confirm the proper file naming convention>?

Assuming you're using Desktop to analyze perform logs needs to be copied to the "serverlogs" folder of the folder structure. Or if using QCS into the same datafiles as the tool logs.

maria_petkova
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

In my team, recently we installed the newest version of the scalability tools (5.10) and we noticed that it has problems connecting to the applications for a long time, then it shows an error (as if the user doesn't have access to the application, when in fact the user has access to the application we try to test) and despite the error when we click on Start Executor and then click Execute, the executor runs without problems and it shows no errors, as if we managed to connect to the application.

Similar to this, the executor runs even when we don't try to connect to application but simply run the executor and execute the opened scenario.

Do you have any idea why this is happening? Is it a bug of the new version? Or is it a new functionality?

Because I remember with the older version when I tried something similar, it showed me a warning that first I need to be connected to the application before executing the scenario.

I'll be happy to hear ideas for this issue from you! Thank you in advance!

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee
Author

@maria_petkova wrote:

Hello,

In my team, recently we installed the newest version of the scalability tools (5.10) and we noticed that it has problems connecting to the applications for a long time, then it shows an error (as if the user doesn't have access to the application, when in fact the user has access to the application we try to test) and despite the error when we click on Start Executor and then click Execute, the executor runs without problems and it shows no errors, as if we managed to connect to the application.

Similar to this, the executor runs even when we don't try to connect to application but simply run the executor and execute the opened scenario.

Do you have any idea why this is happening? Is it a bug of the new version? Or is it a new functionality?

Because I remember with the older version when I tried something similar, it showed me a warning that first I need to be connected to the application before executing the scenario.

I'll be happy to hear ideas for this issue from you! Thank you in advance!

The connect app and execution of scenario are two different entities and are not connected. You do not have to connect to the app to be able to execute a scenario. The connect app is meant to be used for mainly two things:
1. Test that the connection settings work
2. Get the appstructure and propagate object id's so they can be used in the different actions when building the scenario.

There was, and still is, a warning if you clicked "start executor" without first saving the scenario, this is  probably what you remember.

There has been and update to the SDK this tool is based on with a bugfix for some edge cases of connections. Could you please try if v5.10.1 works for you, using the "september 2020" option?

maria_petkova
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I apologize for how late my reply is! You're right, I must have remembered it wrong and this was why I was surprised when I didn't see the warning. Another thing, I wanted to let you know that I tried v10.1 with the sept 2020 option and it connects to the applications without any issues. Thank you so much for the fast reply!

priyanka96
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Daniel,

Is the Scalability tool capable of simulating the "generate app" behavior in case of ODAG applications in Selection app in Qlik?

If yes, How can we simulate the behavior (clicking the generate app button in navigation link) in Scalability tool? 

PFA for reference.

We are coming up with this requirement as part of performance benchmarking of Qlik apps. And ODAG applications is the common use case which clients are asking to do concurrent test.

Best Regards,

Priyanka

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee
Author

@priyanka96 wrote:

Hi Daniel,

Is the Scalability tool capable of simulating the "generate app" behavior in case of ODAG applications in Selection app in Qlik?

If yes, How can we simulate the behavior (clicking the generate app button in navigation link) in Scalability tool? 

PFA for reference.

We are coming up with this requirement as part of performance benchmarking of Qlik apps. And ODAG applications is the common use case which clients are asking to do concurrent test.

Best Regards,

Priyanka

These set of tools don't have any support fort it. The Qlik Sense Enterprise Scalability Tools do have support for the generation part of a ODAG app (but not navigating into it after generation).
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Scalability/Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-Scalability-Tools/td-p/1579916