cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense Scalability Tools

This package (referred to as Qlik Sense Scalability Tools) contains a complete set of tools for easy creation, execution and analysis of load/performance tests.

This tool is now deprecated and will not receive any further updates, please use the Qlik Sense Enterprise Scalability Tools instead.

Supported versions of Qlik Sense: all 2020, all 2021, 2022-aug

Included parts are:

• Standalone application for creating and executing a simulation script
  • Documentation on how to use the package
  • Regression analyzer
  • Benchmarking package
  • App evaluator package

QlikView and Qlik Sense documents to help analyze result and log files (previously included in this package) can be found here :https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-15451

Troubleshooting

For help to troubleshoot connection problems, please review Appendix A of the documentation or Connection Troubleshooting Tips

Change log

v5.17.0

• Add support for Qlik Sense May 2022 release
  • Add support for Qlik Sense Aug 2022 release

v5.16.0

• Add support for Qlik Sense Feb 2022 release

v5.15.0

•  Add support for Qlik Sense Nov 2021 release

v5.14.0

• Add support for Qlik Sense Aug 2021 release

(See Readme.txt for changes in earlier versions of the tool.)

Your use of Qlik Sense Scalability Tool will be subject to the same license agreement between you and Qlik for your Qlik Sense License. Qlik does not provide maintenance and support services for the Qlik Sense Scalability Tool, however please check QlikCommunity for additional information on use of these products.

Labels (2)
199 Replies
priyanka96
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Daniel,
Thanks very much for recommending this tool.
We have setup the tool in production and trying to connect to Qlik server using the connection settings in Enterprise Scalability tool.
But receiving the "Authentication Failed" Error. PFB the screenshot for your reference.
We are using "Ticket" Authentication as configured in QMC.
Could you please provide the steps to configure the Qlik Enterprise Stability tool. Or any necessary configurations to be made in QMC to get this connection successful ?
[cid:image001.jpg@01D766D6.8B385BC0]

Best Regards,

Priyanka Behara

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited. Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy. Your privacy is important to us. Accenture uses your personal data only in compliance with data protection laws. For further information on how Accenture processes your personal data, please see our privacy statement at https://www.accenture.com/us-en/privacy-policy.
______________________________________________________________________________________

www.accenture.com
Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi,

Unfortunately, this tool only supports header authentication for tests towards QSEoW. 

Michael_Terenzi
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi @Daniel_Larsson  - thanks for this. Question regarding running Complexity Index Worker - it seems to not return values for containers or objects within containers (Vizlib within a native Container object as an example). Is the container a limitation for Complexity Index Worker, and maybe more importantly, is there a workaround or update coming that won't result in "WARNING No datapages found in layout for object xxxx" ? 

Thank you! 

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi,

Unfortunately support for container objects was never added to this tool. The QSEST https://community.qlik.com/t5/Scalability/Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-Scalability-Tools/m-p/1579916#M1610 supports container objects, but that tool does not have a functionality such as the complexity index worker.

As a separate note, custom extensions, such as Vizlib are not fully supported either, depending on what they do, the tool will only do a GetLayout for those kind of objects. This means if all calculations are done through a GetLayout everything is good, but if more is normally done by the object that won't be done. Since an extension can be basically any piece of code it would be impossible for us to add generic support for it.

kss7374
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hello,
Tell me, will support be added for the new version 14.44 (08112021) Qlik Sense , November 2021 ?

Thanks.
with respect,
Sergei

Regina
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi,
I have set up the sclability tool and ran the sample scenarios provided.
1 user 1 iteration runs as expected.
For the 3 users 5 iterations scenario, I get following error: 

Connect failed after 2 attempts. ---> OnMaxParallelSessionsExceeded [Fatal]: Zugriff auf die App verweigert: MaxParallelSessionsExceeded

I understand that I can only use 5 sessions per user.
How to set up the test to enable more users and get across that restriction? 

Regards,
Regina

Log for details:

Starting test towards Uri: wss://localhost/
10:40:17 Workers:0 Errors:0 Warnings:0 Requests:0 Sessions:0
10:40:27 Workers:2 Errors:0 Warnings:0 Requests:47 Sessions:1
10:40:37 Workers:2 Errors:0 Warnings:0 Requests:140 Sessions:2
10:40:47 Workers:3 Errors:0 Warnings:0 Requests:282 Sessions:3
10:40:57 Workers:3 Errors:0 Warnings:0 Requests:447 Sessions:5
10:41:07 6-3 Connect failed after 2 attempts. ---> OnMaxParallelSessionsExceeded [Fatal]: Zugriff auf die App verweigert: MaxParallelSessionsExceeded
10:41:07 7-3 Connect failed after 2 attempts. ---> OnMaxParallelSessionsExceeded [Fatal]: Zugriff auf die App verweigert: MaxParallelSessionsExceeded
10:41:07 Workers:3 Errors:2 Warnings:0 Requests:487 Sessions:8
10:41:07 8-3 Connect failed after 2 attempts. ---> OnMaxParallelSessionsExceeded [Fatal]: Zugriff auf die App verweigert: MaxParallelSessionsExceeded
10:41:07 9-3 Connect failed after 2 attempts. ---> OnMaxParallelSessionsExceeded [Fatal]: Zugriff auf die App verweigert: MaxParallelSessionsExceeded
10:41:17 Workers:2 Errors:4 Warnings:0 Requests:548 Sessions:9
10:41:21 10-1 Connect failed after 2 attempts. ---> OnMaxParallelSessionsExceeded [Fatal]: Zugriff auf die App verweigert: MaxParallelSessionsExceeded
10:41:21 11-1 Connect failed after 2 attempts. ---> OnMaxParallelSessionsExceeded [Fatal]: Zugriff auf die App verweigert: MaxParallelSessionsExceeded
10:41:21 12-1 Connect failed after 2 attempts. ---> OnMaxParallelSessionsExceeded [Fatal]: Zugriff auf die App verweigert: MaxParallelSessionsExceeded
10:41:27 Workers:1 Errors:7 Warnings:0 Requests:605 Sessions:12
10:41:29 13-2 Connect failed after 2 attempts. ---> OnMaxParallelSessionsExceeded [Fatal]: Zugriff auf die App verweigert: MaxParallelSessionsExceeded
10:41:29 14-2 Connect failed after 2 attempts. ---> OnMaxParallelSessionsExceeded [Fatal]: Zugriff auf die App verweigert: MaxParallelSessionsExceeded
10:41:30 15-2 Connect failed after 2 attempts. ---> OnMaxParallelSessionsExceeded [Fatal]: Zugriff auf die App verweigert: MaxParallelSessionsExceeded
Test Execution Finished.
WarningCount: 0
ErrorCount: 10
Finishing writing logs...Done!

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee
Author

Yes, it will be upcoming.

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee
Author

This is due to the license you have on the user you are simulating. I will assume it's a user using user access type. A user access token only allows for 5 "simultaneous" logins. Please make sure to simulate different users or use a different license token type, such as login access (which would allow for 10 logins/hour/token).   https://www.qlik.com/us/-/media/files/resource-library/global-us/direct/datasheets/ds-qlik-sense-tok...

Patrick1210
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi @Daniel_Larsson 
Thanks for reply few months ago.
we put on hold the set up of the scalability tool, and now we are finally trying to move forward.

My initial attempt is to install it on the engine node which I have done, even if it might "steal" resources the engine could normally utilize and it doesn't simulate properly the network latency of a user.
Actually the main purpose of the scalability tool is to cache some critical applications. no scenario load will be done. Moreover, we don't want to create a dedicated server for scalability purpose. Shoud I install it on the central node or the self-engine server ?

I am facing an issue on setting-up a scenario with scalability tool.
When trying to setup the connection, I am fully failing. I have tried many options. Where am I getting wrong ?
I attached the configuration details of the application I am trying to open, the QMC central node settings and my test on scalability tool.
should I be able to open the QMC from the Engine server for checking connections are working, before using the scalability tool ?

Thanks a lot for your help

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi,

When using the tool as a cache warmer the need for a load client etc becomes less important since an impact on the metrics is not relevant anyways. Ideally the scenario should not be very heavy as for resources used by the tool either, however that depends of course on the scenario needed to "warm" the cache. For this part of things I would keep an eye how much resources the tool need on it's heaviest point for your scenario. For placement it would depend on the dimensioning and resource utilization for your specific case, but assuming this would be run "off-hours" central node is probably the best place, always have a look at resouce utilization while it's running if course though since each case is different.

For the authorization part.
The tool unfortunately does not support ticket auth. Only NTLM and Header auth. if this is a 1 user scenario (normal for cache warming without section access) NTLM is probably the easiest to use. If NTLM can't be used (e.g. warming with section access needed, or need for multiple users)  and header auth is not deemed secure enough (since this is production and would not only be turned on during a test) the Qlik Sense Enterprise Scalability Tools also supports JWT auth (but unfortunately not ticket either).