Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense Scalability Tools

This package (referred to as Qlik Sense Scalability Tools) contains a complete set of tools for easy creation, execution and analysis of load/performance tests.

This tool is now deprecated and will not receive any further updates, please use the Qlik Sense Enterprise Scalability Tools instead.

Supported versions of Qlik Sense: all 2020, all 2021, 2022-aug

Included parts are:

• Standalone application for creating and executing a simulation script
  • Documentation on how to use the package
  • Regression analyzer
  • Benchmarking package
  • App evaluator package

QlikView and Qlik Sense documents to help analyze result and log files (previously included in this package) can be found here :https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-15451

Troubleshooting

For help to troubleshoot connection problems, please review Appendix A of the documentation or Connection Troubleshooting Tips

Change log

v5.17.0

• Add support for Qlik Sense May 2022 release
  • Add support for Qlik Sense Aug 2022 release

v5.16.0

• Add support for Qlik Sense Feb 2022 release

v5.15.0

•  Add support for Qlik Sense Nov 2021 release

v5.14.0

• Add support for Qlik Sense Aug 2021 release

(See Readme.txt for changes in earlier versions of the tool.)

Your use of Qlik Sense Scalability Tool will be subject to the same license agreement between you and Qlik for your Qlik Sense License. Qlik does not provide maintenance and support services for the Qlik Sense Scalability Tool, however please check QlikCommunity for additional information on use of these products.

Labels (2)
199 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Daniel,

after providing the role and token to the exerciser user, i am able to connect to the App and the app structure got updated. User access rule created in the prerequisite is not working .

Thanks

Dinesh

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee
Author

Yes, If you have defined any security rules for the app, the test users also will need a rule which will make them access the app.

I don't know which prerequisites you are referring to, as far as I know there's nothing specifically stating user access, on the opposite, for most people, login access is preferred. Preference is however up to the user, and most optimal depends on the usage and scenario.

socialgeekqv
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

I encountered following error message opening the QlikScalabilityTools.exe file.

Qlik Scalability Tool has stopped working.

Windows log:

Faulting application name: QlikScalabilityTools.exe, version: 4.2.1.0, time stamp: 0x5a2542f6

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23915, time stamp: 0x59b94f2a

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x000000000001a06d

Faulting process id: 0x2ff4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d37ad5d3acd556

Faulting application path: C:\kp\Qlik Scalability Tool\v4.2.1\scalabilitytools-4.2.1\QlikScalabilityTools.exe

Faulting module path: C:\windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 12d4c536-e6c9-11e7-9a87-a096ab182697

.Net Framework: 4.7

Please help.

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee
Author

Your Windows has blocked the zip when you downloaded it. Please unblock the zip before unzipping it, as written in the note in the original post. You could also unzip it with 7-zip which would not have the blocking problem.

socialgeekqv
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks Daniel. My bad, I assume that if I can unzip the file means it's unblocked.

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee
Author

Unfortunately that's not how Microsoft decided to do it :/. You can unzip the file even if it's blocked, but all files will still be blocked and you won't get a warning about it, just a crash. Causes quite a bit of confusion and they could have done it better imho.

socialgeekqv
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Daniel. More question: how do we send the results to QSSTAnalyzer.qvf ?

I could not relate how the setup mentioned in Scalability Results Analyzer relates back to scalability tool. Many thanks!

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee
Author

You need to put the result log from the tool, and the performance counters from the server, into the appropriate folder as described by the Readme in the analyzer. Then create a connector to that folder. Note that also the Qlikview analyzer could be used to analyze sense scalability tests, if you feel more at home with the QlikView analyzer document.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Can we run the regression scenario and regression comparison in batch? e.g. command line?

SebastianFabian
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hello Rob!

Yes, there is rudimentary support for running regression comparisons from the command line. If you look in the lib folder of Qlik Scalability Tools you'll find an executable named RegressionAnalyzerConsole.exe. This tool is used behind the scenes when the Analyze button is clicked in the GUI but can also be run stand-alone using two arguments - baseline regression log and comparison regression log.

Say you have run two regression scenarios and produced two log files a.log and b.log that are placed in the root of the tool folder. You could then run the analysis from the command like as such:

lib\RegressionAnalyzerConsole.exe a.log b.log

The tool will output to stdout the same information that's shown in the overview section of the GUI, and additionally save a result.xml in the current working directory. This result file can be opened for detailed inspection in Scalability Tools, by going to Regression Analyzer > Open previous results.