Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
random_user_3869
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Adding users to qlik sense saas using an identity provider

Hello everyone,

I have beeen invited to a qlik tenant saas by email invitation (see: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Admin/SaaS-invite-users....)

The issue is that i would like to create an identity provider upon the invitation i have (i am a tenant admin)

The goal is by creating on or several idp be able to manage several qlik application without having to change owner of app, without having issue about task reload owner issue and so on.

Anyone could help me regarding that issue ?

Thank you

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

As of today, multiple IdP are not supported, maybe you could achieve you goals either with groups on the IdP and the roles available on your Qlik tenant. 

Regarding the moving of the IdPs, I would also suggest you backup (download) the apps, you might need to make private sheets public so you do not lose them once the owner/user have changed.

Cheers!

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @random_user_3869 ,
do you have a Qlik Sense Business or Qlik Sense Enterprise subscription? The use of IdPs is reserved for the latter.

Here's a couple of links for you:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Admin/mc-create-idp-conf...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-to-setup-a-Tenant-and-Identity-Provider-Okta-on-Qlik-Sen...

Please, let us know if you have questions!

Daniele

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Albert_Candelario

Hello @random_user_3869,

Thanks for posting.

Is the question more on how to avoid any possible issue once you have moved from the QlikID to your own IdP, right?

Cheers!

random_user_3869
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thank you both for the feedback @Daniele_Purrone  and @Albert_Candelario .

@Albert_Candelario  you are right ! It's more of not having any issue once i move from the qlikID (provided by the invitation by mail) to my own idp as the target is to create several IDP whose main caracteristic is for idp 1, idp2, idp 3 to belong to the same group.

the main goal is to have one common group of tenant admin (using idps property) to deal with administration task.

Thank you

Albert_Candelario

As of today, multiple IdP are not supported, maybe you could achieve you goals either with groups on the IdP and the roles available on your Qlik tenant. 

Regarding the moving of the IdPs, I would also suggest you backup (download) the apps, you might need to make private sheets public so you do not lose them once the owner/user have changed.

Cheers!