cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michael_andrews
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Change qlik console admin password?

I'm trying to figure out how to change our overall admin password for the console and can't seem to find any documentation or figure out how. Can someone help me? This is the user I'm talking about

michael_andrews_1-1658940791334.png

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @michael_andrews

Access to the QMC depends on the user directory you have implemented.

For example, if Active Directory, then changing password is a function of Active Directory and not of Qlik Sense.

So if you have rootadmin access to the QMC and you have active directory user accounts in the QMC then you would change our account password in active directory.

User access to the QMC is governed by the access you are granted in Qlik Sense Management based on the log on used when you logged onto your computer. (assuming your computer is in the same domain as the Qlik Sense server).
So if you log into your computer with domain\npsensesvc the domain account is rootadmin, then you have all the permissions of the Qlik Sense root admin and password management is done separately in Active Directory.

Hope this helps,

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

michael_andrews
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you, it was a local user account. I was surprised by that as it wasn't on our AD. Thanks again.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @michael_andrews

Access to the QMC depends on the user directory you have implemented.

For example, if Active Directory, then changing password is a function of Active Directory and not of Qlik Sense.

So if you have rootadmin access to the QMC and you have active directory user accounts in the QMC then you would change our account password in active directory.

User access to the QMC is governed by the access you are granted in Qlik Sense Management based on the log on used when you logged onto your computer. (assuming your computer is in the same domain as the Qlik Sense server).
So if you log into your computer with domain\npsensesvc the domain account is rootadmin, then you have all the permissions of the Qlik Sense root admin and password management is done separately in Active Directory.

Hope this helps,

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
michael_andrews
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you, it was a local user account. I was surprised by that as it wasn't on our AD. Thanks again.