Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Riccardo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

How to configurate an LDAP login in Qlik Sense Enterprise Windows ?

Hello,

I have Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows. I would like to configure a LDAP server for user access.

After configuring the ldap connector, what I have to do?

Thank you.

Riccardo Schillaci
BI Analyst
Datawarehouse & Business Intelligence
Labels (1)
3 Replies
Andrew_Delaney
Support
Support

Qlik Sense does not do the authentication itself, it passes the request onto the underlying Windows OS. What is happening when your users attempt to log in?

If you want to automatically assign licenses to users as they access the system you will want to create one or more License Rules

Riccardo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thank you for your reply.

Users can login with domain linked to Windows OS Server. But my goal is use a new domain with a new LDAP connection.

Ex.

Domain1\User1 is working because Windows Server is on Domain1

Domain2\User1 is not working 'cause Windows Server is not linked to Domain2. Then I have created the LDAP connection thinking to use it for retrieve user/pass in Domain2.

Riccardo Schillaci
BI Analyst
Datawarehouse & Business Intelligence
Andrew_Delaney
Support
Support

Qlik Sense uses the UDC to retrieve user details and attributes, but still passes on the authentication step to Windows, so you will either need to enable the other domain to also log in on the windows server, or use a different authentication mechanism. You can find options in our help https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/February2022/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De...