Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbespartochnyy
Creator III
Creator III

Is It Possible to Track Users' Filter Usage?

Hello all,

I'm on April 2020 version of Qlik Sense and wanted to see if there's a way that I can tell which filter pane objects users are interacting (clicked on or made a selections) with.

I need to see which filter objects are useful to users and which ones are not so that I can go through an effort of cleaning up an app to declutter it of unused objects.

Does anyone know if there is a way to see which filter pane objects users interacted with throughout the life of an app?

Thanks,

Mikhail B.

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

I'm not sure you can do this for specific filter pane objects, but you should be able to see which fields users are searching if you set your logging level appropriately.  I think that would actually cover your use case better, because if users are constantly searching on a field that isn't in the filter pane, you might want to add it.

This article describes how to set the logging level: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000014849

mbespartochnyy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for the tip, @Or! This looks like it might be what I'm looking for. I'll play around with this and see what I can come up with.