Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Devendra_Babar
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Operations Monitor Application not showing data for 'Sheet Usage' and 'Apps' sheet

Hi Everyone,

We have installed Qlik Sense April 2019 Enterprise version. 

I tried to monitor 'Sheet Usage' and 'Apps' data using Operations Monitor application provided into 'Monitoring apps'  stream. But both sheets are not showing data. 

I tried to debug this application, and then I found that there is a table called 'app_object' which is used in 'Sheet Usage' and 'Apps' sheet. But this 'app_object' table doesn't have any data into it.

Is there any configuration I have to do? so that data will get reloaded into application and it will start working fine.

Please do let me know if anything can be done to fix this issue.

Thanking you in advance.

Labels (2)
13 Replies
Andrea_Spinetti
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey @agigliotti, actually your version doesn't match the affected one 🤔

In this case, I would suggest recreating the Operations Monitoring app using certificate authentication: How to configure Certificate Authentication for Qlik Sense Monitoring Applications

After this, configure the new app to load from logs and add the data connections for all the engine nodes. You can follow this: Configuring the Monitoring apps

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi @Andrea_Spinetti ,

I just noted the monitoring apps need a virtual proxy using windows authentication, but in my case TICKET and SAML authentication methods are used. 
Could this be the reason why i get no data in sheet usage ?
If yes is there any other way to get these informations out ?

Please let me know.

Best Regards

Andrea_Spinetti
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi @agigliotti, exactly, the Monitoring apps require Windows authentication to be used on the virtual proxy it uses to connect. You can either use it or follow these steps to configure the Qlik Sense Monitoring Applications to use Certificate Authentication instead of default Windows Authentication.

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi @Andrea_Spinetti ,

I understood the cause of the issue.
It was related to the Qlik Service user role.
Actually that user did not have any role, once I applied the RootAdmin role then the "Sheet Usage" showed all data.
I much appreciated your collaboration.

Best Regards