cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlongoria
Creator
Creator

Publish bookmark only works for apps in Everyone stream

I'm finding that analyzer users are NOT able to publish bookmarks to apps in any stream except the Everyone stream. Is this expected and standard "out of the box" behavior for bookmark publishing? I am using QS Sept 2020 R4 on Windows.

As a work-around, I created a rule (below) to allow analyzer users publish bookmarks capability an apps if they have read privilege. Should I have to do this? If so, should I make it so that only certain/approved users can publish bookmarks

Anyone have experience with managing published bookmarks that can help provide best practices and lessons learned?

Resource Filter: App.Object_*

Actions: Publish

Condition: !resource.App.stream.Empty() and resource.App.HasPrivilege("read") and (resource.objectType = "bookmark") and !user.IsAnonymous()

Context: Only in hub

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bastien_Laugiero

Hi,

As far as I am aware the Analyzer license does not restricting users one Create/Share Bookmarks: 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Support-Knowledge-Base/Difference-between-Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-Profes...

There are two sets of restriction in Qlik Sense. 

• The one applied by the License (Analyzer vs Professional)
  • The one applied by the security rules

According to your description, is sound like the user did not have the security rule in place to perform this action so I don't think it was related to the type of license at all.  

Hope this helps!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Bastien_Laugiero

Hi,

As far as I am aware the Analyzer license does not restricting users one Create/Share Bookmarks: 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Support-Knowledge-Base/Difference-between-Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-Profes...

There are two sets of restriction in Qlik Sense. 

• The one applied by the License (Analyzer vs Professional)
  • The one applied by the security rules

According to your description, is sound like the user did not have the security rule in place to perform this action so I don't think it was related to the type of license at all.  

Hope this helps!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.