Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rolando_Montero
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlik Root Admin Role Restriction

Hi guys,

I would like to have a root admin that can do everything in the QMC but I need to take out the ability to assign a Qlik license to itself. The administrator will be able to assign licenses to everybody but itself. I'm assuming that through the use of security rules you can achieve this, correct me if I'm mistaken.

Best regards 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello! 

This is correct, you can create a new role in Qlik Sense with security rules by just adding the condition ((user.roles="Your_role_name "))

In terms of how to set it up, I think you can take a look at the existing rule for the roles "Deployment Admin", "Security Admin" and "Content Admin". This should be a combination of these three. 

Note that there is about 3 security rules per mentioned roles above so you may want to follow the same structure of your new role.

Hope this helps!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello! 

This is correct, you can create a new role in Qlik Sense with security rules by just adding the condition ((user.roles="Your_role_name "))

In terms of how to set it up, I think you can take a look at the existing rule for the roles "Deployment Admin", "Security Admin" and "Content Admin". This should be a combination of these three. 

Note that there is about 3 security rules per mentioned roles above so you may want to follow the same structure of your new role.

Hope this helps!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
Rolando_Montero
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Bastien,

Sure it helps! I will create this new role based on your recommendation.

Thanks a bunch!

Bastien_Laugiero

Hello! 

Thanks for the feedback. I'll mark this one as solution then but do not hesitate to comment on this thread if you need additional help while building the rule. 

Bastien Laugiero