Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomasmaure
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Qlik SEnse - QSE Windows on Azure and data at rest encryption for shared storage

Hello,

We plan to deploy QSE Windows on Azure IAAS and our security office is requesting encryption at rest for the shared storage. 

As far as I understand , Shared storage is accessed by Qlik via SMB protocol which is not encrypted by default . 

Do any of you have deployed similar setup and in this case , how did you manage encryption at rest security requirement ?

Regards

Thomas

Labels (1)
2 Replies
jakob_rasmussen
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Thomas,

We use Azure IaaS for our platforms and have the QlikShares on SMB. I don't have any experience with encryption at rest, but your post gave me a chance to read up on it. Now I am just wondering if it's a bit overkill to employ security at rest it if both VM and storage account/SMB file share reside within the same resource group? The data is never going to leave Azure or be transported/exposed externally in any way as I see it.

Best regards,
Jakob

thomasmaure
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Hello Jakob, 
In our company security rarely considers that something is overkill 🙂 
Thanks for taking time to answer, if we design somethng viable , I will post it . 

Thomas