Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kp_varian
Contributor
Contributor

QlikSense Cloud - Office 365 SharePoint connector - folder creation

Hi All,

I'm trying to write to sharepoint using the Office 365 SharePoint connector from qliksense cloud. I'm able to successfully create a file in sharepoint using the store command.

Now the ask is to create subfolder and then create/store the files. I''m unable to create new folder from qliksense, does anyone has solution for this?

The following works:

store SAAS_DATA into lib://<<Sharepoint connection>>/Main Folder/TestSharepointdata3.txt(txt, delimiter is ';');

If I need to create subfolder "Sub Folder" and then store , the following doesn't create folder or store the file

store SAAS_DATA into lib://<<Sharepoint connection>>/Main Folder/Sub Folder/TestSharepointdata3.txt(txt, delimiter is ';');

Thanks in advance

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @kp_varian 

The Store statement creates a QVD, or text file. It doesn't create a folder. Looks like this is a known limitation of the Qlik Office 365 Sharepoint Connector:
-You cannot store or upload files to a folder that does not exist.
-You cannot load or store a file that does not contain a filename extension.
-Document library names in the tree view may differ from the UI name on the Sharepoint site.
-Sharepoint Views are not supported.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Web_Storage_Provider_Connectors_help/Content/C...

I hope this helps!

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @kp_varian 

The Store statement creates a QVD, or text file. It doesn't create a folder. Looks like this is a known limitation of the Qlik Office 365 Sharepoint Connector:
-You cannot store or upload files to a folder that does not exist.
-You cannot load or store a file that does not contain a filename extension.
-Document library names in the tree view may differ from the UI name on the Sharepoint site.
-Sharepoint Views are not supported.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Web_Storage_Provider_Connectors_help/Content/C...

I hope this helps!

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!