Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kanth
Contributor III
Contributor III

Read or import AD groups into Qlik Sense

Hi Team, 

I am very new to Qlik Sense, we just installed the Qlik sense. We've some existing AD security groups that were present in our organization.  we need to import those AD security groups in Qlik sense and assign to Streams or apps. 

can you please let us know how this can be doable, please provide detailed steps. 

Really appreciate your great help. 

Best regards. 

Labels (2)
22 Replies
Andrew_Delaney
Support
Support

Hi Kanth,

You do not specify in your post which version of Qlik Sense you have set up, but as you refer to installing it I assume you are using Qlik Sense Enterprise for Windows.

This section of the help should give you the info you need to sync your users from Active Directory, which will also include groups in the user details.

kanth
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Team, 

Thanks for your reply 

we are uing Qlik Sense Enterprise for Windows and the latest version. 

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

HI @kanth,

Have a look at the Qlik article Qlik Sense: How to connect to AD using "Active Directory" UDC and YouTube video Setting up a user directory connection to upload your users - Qlik Sense

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
kanth
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Matejowsky, 

Thanks for the reply 

I've checked the links but lins were not useful to us, we've already existing AD group were there can you please let me know we can import those groups in to Qlik Sense environment. 

Andrew_Delaney
Support
Support

Hi Kanth,

If you are using the Active Directory user connector, groups are automatically synced as well as part of the user attributes.

kanth
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your replay

Can you please explain in details wise. i am very new to the Qlik sense 

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@kanth

First you set up a User Directory Connector of the type Active Directory. Next step is to sync, there is a, there is a sync button below the list of connectors or you can create a task . Here is the link on how to manage users in the official help.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/November2021/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De...

This will bring in all users that you specify in the LDAP filer.

Go into the users page in the QMC, you should now have all users in the list. The user names have a small i next to them. If you click on that you can see the groups.

I hope this help

kanth
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Maria,

Thanks for your reply ! above is not helped me User Directory Connector of the type Active Directory but my users also I have sync the connector but not able to see any users. 

Please help how to get my users and AD group to the environment. it will be much appreciated if give me detailed steps instead of Qlik docs. 

Andrew_Delaney
Support
Support

Hi Kanth,

Your LDAP filter looks to be wrong, if you are just trying to sync members of a single group you should follow the example here.

In particular, the filter in your screenshot starts with "user: " which makes the entire filter invalid, can you try removing that part and have the filter start with (&(objectCategory=person)