Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kanth
Contributor III
Contributor III

Read or import AD groups into Qlik Sense

Hi Team, 

I am very new to Qlik Sense, we just installed the Qlik sense. We've some existing AD security groups that were present in our organization.  we need to import those AD security groups in Qlik sense and assign to Streams or apps. 

can you please let us know how this can be doable, please provide detailed steps. 

Really appreciate your great help. 

Best regards. 

Labels (2)
22 Replies
kanth
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Andrew, 

Thanks for your replay, 

I've followed blog and did the same i can able to get the group of users list in Active Directory Users and Computers module screen but not qlik sense QMC . please see the below  snaps and let me know where I am doing the mistake. 

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@kanth

Have you created a sync task or are you doing the sync manually from the UDC page? Do you get any errors or warnings when you sync? Or does the timestamp for last successfully finished sync change? 

kanth
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Maria, 

I manually synced and didn't get any errors or warnings also timestamp is getting change when I am sync .

Please see the snaps before and after sync

Andrew_Delaney
Support
Support

I think I see where the problem might lie, are your two RootAdmins members of the group you are trying to sync?

Qlik Sense will automatically deactivate users who are:

- Part of a domain associated with a user directory connector

- Not in the list of users retrieved with the user directory connector

There is a safety feature that means that, if this would deactivate all root administrators, the sync will not complete.

This means that if you are syncing users from an active directory you want to ensure you are not just syncing your intended end users, but your administrators as well.

kanth
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Andrew, 

Thanks for your reply!

I've removed one of the rootamin users which is exists in that group, and sync users but still the users list is not coming. 

could you please let me know how to fix this issue? 

derrydavis
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Is there a return after the objectclass=user text? It probably just wrapped but you might check to make sure there isn't one. The filter won't work if there's a return in it.

Also, have you tried just importing a single users using "name="? That is a way get some accounts imported without using a group.

HTH

kanth
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Derrydevis, 

Thanks for the reply

If possible could you please give me the full filter condition? 

derrydavis
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(name=<user_name_here>)(name=<user_name2_here>))

be sure to make a copy of your existing filter 

kanth
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Derrydavis,

Thanks for your reply 

but no luck not getting any users. after sync also.

derrydavis
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Can you send the filter you used?
What is your setting for 'sync user data for existing users'?