Qlik Community

Security & Governance

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense deployments which are governed and self-service.

Announcements
IMPORTANT security patches for GeoAnalytics Server available to download: READ DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FranciscoQ
Partner
Partner

Section Access Qlik Sense SaaS

Hi, I am trying to implement Section Access in Qlik Sense SaaS, in order to filter the information according to the user accessing the app.

I put in the script something like this:

Section Access;


Load * INLINE [


ACCESS,           USER.EMAIL,                                                   REDUCTION
Professional,    123@grupo123.com.ar                     ,                1
Professional,   456@grupo123.com.ar                      ,                2
Analyzer        ,    789@grupo123.com.ar                     ,                3
Analyzer        ,    1011@grupo123.com.ar                   ,                4
];

 

Section Application;


DataReduction:
Load* INLINE [
REDUCTION,                Unit
1                    ,                      *
2                    ,                  Beverages
3                    ,                       *
4                    ,                     Canned
] ;

 

But when I run the script it says that I don't have access to load it. I put an * in UNIT.

 

Maybe in the ACCESS column I have to put ADMIN, USER ? I put Professional, Analyzer because those are the Qlik Sense SaaS Access.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Seanog_Murphy
Creator III
Creator III

3 Replies
Seanog_Murphy
Creator III
Creator III

AdamBS
Partner
Partner

The support reply above is good. You will see that, as you say, in the ACCESS column you can only have ADMIN or USER as values. 

Adam Barrie-Smith
iOCO Analytics Solutions
FranciscoQ
Partner
Partner
Author

Yes, there were two things I was needing to change. Instead of Professional, Analyzer, I was supposed to use ADMIN and USER.

Also the use of the wildcar *, is not intended for all the values in the field you are trying to filter according to the user, but for all the values that exists in the DataReduction table. 

 

This explanation by Dalton Ruer helped me really good to find the issues:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Documents/Making-Sense-of-Section-Access-in-Qlik-Sense/tac-...

 

In my opinion the official article, for someone who never used section access before, is kind of hard to follow.  But after reading the Dalton explanation makes more sense.