Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sri_c003
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Sharing sheets between users

We have a requirement where we need capability to allow multiple users work on the same sheet (not view only, on lines of collaboration). I looked up on help here and all I see is links to Qlik Cloud(https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Spaces/working-cloud-hub...).

I am unable to find any link for Qlik Sense Enterprise. We are using Qlik Sense Enterprise February 2021.

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Seanog_Murphy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @sri_c003 
While it is possible to edit an app after publishing it, (you need to edit the security rules), it is not suggested by Qlik due to following problems:
1. The changes are permanent. You cannot undo them. Even after refresh, they will not be reverted.

2. If multiple users work on the same object, the last edit will remain. Everything else will be deleted/discarded.

3. It creates stability issues in the application due to wrong engine calls.

4. If the app size is big, you can run into issues that will crash the services. This would potentially create a black out period.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Seanog_Murphy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @sri_c003,
This is possible in Qlik SaaS using shared spaces, but I have also come across this article which may be helpful for your requirements:
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Documents/Collaborative-Development-for-Qlik-Sense/ta-p/164...

sri_c003
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

@Seanog_Murphy 

We are using Qlik Sense Enterprise, so that option isn't viable for us.

rohitk1609
Master
Master

You should set UPDATE action for that sheets or section of sheets and your concern user can update such sheets.

sri_c003
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

@Seanog_Murphy  @rohitk1609  Thank you both, let me check these two out and get back.

sri_c003
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

"This is a simple was to work together on an unpublished application. I have also created the extraction and data model scripts, so I could work independently on the data model and my colleague would binary load the data model."

This solution applies to unpublished apps, and we are looking at collaborating published apps.

Seanog_Murphy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @sri_c003 
While it is possible to edit an app after publishing it, (you need to edit the security rules), it is not suggested by Qlik due to following problems:
1. The changes are permanent. You cannot undo them. Even after refresh, they will not be reverted.

2. If multiple users work on the same object, the last edit will remain. Everything else will be deleted/discarded.

3. It creates stability issues in the application due to wrong engine calls.

4. If the app size is big, you can run into issues that will crash the services. This would potentially create a black out period.

sri_c003
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thank you @Seanog_Murphy for the detailed explanation.