Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajtechnocraft
Contributor III
Contributor III

qlik sense root certificate query

Dear Team,

Just wanted to check  i have my qlik sense ver Sep 2020 installed on my windows server 2016 standard edition

I have HA architecture for my qlik sense setup one is central node which has all services installed and one rim node which has all except Repository database service.

I want to apply patch 9 so just wanted to check will it affect Qlik sense root-CA certificate.

If yes what precautions i should take so that my url is not affected affected as this is a production environment.

Regards

Raj.

2 Replies
Bastien_Laugiero

Hi,

My understanding is that you would like to switch the central node role to the  rim node while you are patching correct? 

If so, then you should make sure to use the failover feature in Qlik Sense and switch the role manually before your upgrade.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/February2021/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De...

In addition, if you want your user to continue accessing the hub while doing the upgrade, then you should make sure that the hub URL does not point to a specific node but rather to a Network Load Balancer that can redirect the traffic to any available node. 

Hope this helps!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
Bastien_Laugiero

Also, I would highly suggest to test this out in a test/dev environment first. There will be some disturbance to be expected as any active session on a node that you will upgrade will be closed. 

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.