cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luismap77
Contributor II
Contributor II

sense folder access

Hi, I would need to limit access to the folders on the server, i.e. I wish that a user can only see some folders but not others. With the FolderDataConnection rule, it is only limited to the roles it indicates, but giving any of them all the directories on the server are seen. is it possible to do this?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, yes, there are different ways. as an example instead of assign a role to the user create a customeproperty related to DataConnections, hte custom property could be called "access" and with an "all" value.

You can create another security rule like "OpenFolders" that applies to data connections (select as resource), give the read permission and the condition could be resource.@access="all".

It can be improved relating the custom property with users so only the ones that also has the "all" value asigned can see those folders.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, yes, there are different ways. as an example instead of assign a role to the user create a customeproperty related to DataConnections, hte custom property could be called "access" and with an "all" value.

You can create another security rule like "OpenFolders" that applies to data connections (select as resource), give the read permission and the condition could be resource.@access="all".

It can be improved relating the custom property with users so only the ones that also has the "all" value asigned can see those folders.

Luismap77
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank's, I'll try

Luismap77
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I have created a rule like this, to give permissions on this type of connection, only to some users that belong to a specific team. I create custom properties per team to allow access to some specific connection, not to all.

((resource.@CP_SMA="CPV_SMA" and resource.type="folder" and user.@CP_SMA="CPV_SMA_DEV"))

rule qlik sense.JPG

Luismap77
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

It works

balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @rubenmarin Could you explain more on this. I'm exact looking for this. How to achieve? My user every able to see the C and D drive folder in Qlik Sense. 

rubenmarin

Hi, My first answer has the steps to make it, have you tried to follow? Is there any step you are blocked?

The solution adopted by Luismap77 has some differences.

balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @rubenmarin 

Yes. But I have some queries.  I did this step. 

1. In custom property, create one property and marked data connection and value as all. 

2. In security rule, created new one and resource filter is data connection_* and Under Action check only Read option and dataconnection @access value = all. 

((resource.@Access="All"))

This only I did. But I'm not sure exactly. What need to do.  Please suggest. 

rubenmarin

In step 1 the custom property is called 'Access' and has a value 'All'? captions are important 'all' is not the same as 'All'.

You need to assign the custom property and the value All in each data connection available to everyone.

balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III

@rubenmarin Yes. I checked both are same. here typo error.  ACtually what this step "In custom property, create one property and marked data connection and value as all. " meaning? 

2. If I'm having 10 data connections, in all the 10 data connections need to give value "all" in the custom properties?

3. But one more question, here anywhere i didn't mention like user can able to access this folder only. They should not access this folder so on. How it works. ?