Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Add OAuth-Support for the Rest Web Service Connector in Qlik Sense Cloud

dgoehler
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Add OAuth-Support for the Rest Web Service Connector in Qlik Sense Cloud

Microsoft is removing Web Service Access Keys (Basic Auth) for SaaS with Business Central 2022 release wave 1 (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/business-central/dev-itpro/upgrade/deprecated-features-...). From April 2022 the Rest Connector doesn't work with Business Central SaaS API (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics-nav/api-reference/v2.0/). OAuth-Support for the Rest Web Service like with your "Microsoft Dynamics CRM V2 Connector" is necessary to access the Business Central API (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/business-central/dev-itpro/developer/devenv-develop-con...).

Tags (3)
18 Comments
P-O_Davidson
Employee
Employee

Hello,

I understand this could be of value, but since each source has individual specifics related to OAuth authentication it would require significant work to generically implement this. We currently don’t have any plan to address this on the roadmap. We will continue to re-evaluate our priorities to see if and when this can fit in.

Note that authentication via OAuth is possible in the REST connector for some sources, using name-value pairs in the available Query parameters and Query headers. See examples here.

Thanks,
P-O Davidson

Status changed to: Open - Not Planned
to759_PM
Contributor II
Contributor II

@P-O_Davidson Thanks to point this out, but how about an example in Qlik docu for the specific problem @dgoehler had pointed out with Business Central?

I think this will help many customers / partners Microsoft 365 faced!

BoberGad
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hey All,

Trying to use REST API with Qlik sense web, I can't get the JSON response, using postman will bring the JSON.

Is it because of the OAuth limitation? 

Many Thanks,

Gadi

rest-1.pngrest-2.png

Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi, Qlik have known about this pending change for over a year, and there are various posts on community and ideation, yet, we are no further forward. What is the plan here?

Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi, any update to this? v20 is now in production and causing problems with Qlik integration. 

P-O_Davidson
Employee
Employee

Hi Everyone,

Please see this Knowledge Base article on how to use the REST Connector with OAuth against Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.

We also have two related priorities on the roadmap, one for enhancing the REST Connector and one for adding a dedicated connector for MS Dynamics 365 Business Central. Both these are considered for future release, roughly within the next 6-12 months.

Thanks,
P-O

Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Thanks for the knowledge base article @P-O_Davidson - very in-depth. The issue we were having was resolved by adding the "accept-encoding" query header in the rest connector config! Thanks for clarifying 👍

Meghann_MacDonald

Hi all, I believe this is resolved based off of the comments, please let me know if that is wrong.

Meghann

Status changed to: Closed - Already Available