Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Add User to Space By E-mail

ttakano
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Add User to Space By E-mail

When adding a user to a space, I want to search by email address.

Right now it's just a search by name.

Add User to SpaceAdd User to Space

Search Only  By NameSearch Only By Name

If there are users with the same name, it is difficult to set.
It is easy to set a specific individual with an email address.

Best Regards.

6 Comments
CHansford
Luminary
Luminary

@ttakano  Totally agree with your idea here, I have just had a situation where two people with the same name, but different email addresses (subject)  are on the tenant and I need to add one of them to a restricted space that only a few can see.  If I get it wrong then I could be in breach of data regulations.

Qlik, this should be easy to achieve and is essential for Tenant Admins to get it right.

CHansford
Luminary
Luminary

Could someone from Qlik please comment as this is an essential when trying to add the correct person to a space.  I currently have a number of people called Richard Jones and I shouldn't have to add them all to try and find out which one is the correct one.  I do see that in the view members of a space I can check by name or email, but it is only name in the add members.  Our Tenant uses the Organisations Active Directory so therefore the email is contained in the subject field.

Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
CHansford
Luminary
Luminary

Cheers Ian for the feedback

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived