Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Adding a built in FTP connector in Qlik Sense Cloud

ingoniclas
Creator II
Creator II

Adding a built in FTP connector in Qlik Sense Cloud

So far it is not possible to fetch data from an FTP server when using Qlik Sense Business, i.e. in the Cloud environment. The Qlik FTP/SFTP connector uses localhost in the url to find the respective file, which does not work in the cloud because localhost does not exist in that context. However, there are situations where companies only allow to fetch data from FTP servers. Therefore, I suggest to add this option.

31 Comments
Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
thomasc
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi@Ian_Crosland ,

Is it possible to add same feature in DataTransfer?

Thanks

Regards,

Thomas

Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Hi

Thanks for submitting this idea, we will add it to the FTP request for SaaS idea which is in open status

gwoodard
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Is there a timeline for the FTP integration.  We are in need of a Box connector and the FTP/FTPS would be a good work around since Box supports FTP/FTPS.

Shwe
Contributor II
Contributor II

What is the timeline for this in QlikSense Enterprise SaaS?  I can't think of any other Cloud BI Software leaders that lack this (or similar) functionality.

CHansford
Luminary
Luminary

@Ian Crossland I've been asking for a FTP/SFTP connector in SaaS for some time now and it is stopping me from connecting to one of the my largest public data sets as this is the only way they provide the data to the public.

I support this idea

CHris

Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

I will also loop in our PM for Connectivity @P-O_Davidson 

Thanks

MLaverick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Any update on this?

scottduthie
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi @Ian_Crosland ,

I can't see this idea in the ideation board - do you know what the status of it is?

I have multiple Qlik SaaS customers where this is becoming a real blocker. We have tried many workarounds with application automation, but we still can't get to smooth working solution for extracting files from an SFTP daily.

Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - On Roadmap