Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

App Sheet GRID Size to be customized

aldo-tgh
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

App Sheet GRID Size to be customized

Hi Guys,

Sheet GRID size shall have also a "Very Narrow" option and even the possibility to customized the number of Coluns & Rows.

Thanks,

Aldo.

Tags (2)
15 Comments
awqvuserneo
Creator
Creator

Agreed to this idea.

This would help us to better design the placement of the charts over the entire sheet/canvas.

While having the "narrow" grid spacing helps, quite often, I need to "extend" the sheet because it doesn't fit within current canvas. This is more apparent to users with Windows 10 having the "Windows Scaling" set at 150% (which unfortunately - I believe - comes as default on 13-14" laptop).

Note: As techie, I know how & can easily adjust it to 100-125%, but most users don't share the sentiment.

Cheers

Shubham_D
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Agreed.
Faced space issues while working with multiple KPIs in same row.

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea.

Thanks,
Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
krishPal24
Contributor II
Contributor II

We are in the process of migrating lots of Pixel Perfect QlikView reports to QlikSense. Here its a challenge to use the real estate of QlikSense sheet area to display more objects or objects in the place of interest as required by customers. So having the very narrow grid/customizable grid will be very helpful to satisfy the needs of the users.

Thanks!

Krishna.

TomV
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

To give same user experience with Qlik Sense, we need this feature to be implemented.

Best regards,

Tom

Shubham_D
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @Patric_Nordstrom Any update on this?

Shubham_D
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @Patric_Nordstrom - Any further progress on this ? 
It will help a lot to enhance UI where we need to deal with many KPIs.

Shubham_D
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Team, 
This feature will be quite useful while dealing with multiple KPIs and charts as well to keep everything symmetric. Please share an update.
Because sometimes increasing chart by one grid for legend visibility results in big size chart.
In below snap, I actually want to keep compact chart but I cant do.

Shubham_D_0-1621514476965.png

Also, as in below snap I want to keep 5 filter in same row but I can't keep them with same width and it doesn't look symmetric.
Shubham_D_0-1621514660983.png

Regards,
Shubham

Meghann_MacDonald

Improvements to grid spacing coming this quarter.

Meghann

Status changed to: Open - In Development
awqvuserneo
Creator
Creator
Thank you, Meghan. Excited to see the near-pixel-perfect visualization that
we have with Qlikview in Qlik Sense.

One thing to add, hopefully by having a more micro grid/pixel, it won't
have substantial performance impact as I understand some trade off might be
needed to achieve this.