Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Apply Custom Property to Sheets / App Objects / Bookmarks

agherbert4
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Apply Custom Property to Sheets / App Objects / Bookmarks

It would be great if sheets / bookmarks / or app objects could be resource types for custom properties.

Currently, we are applying app-level access using custom properties, but still have many applications with duplicated information and slightly different format or visualizations for different groups. It would be much easier to maintain if we had one app with sheets that were restricted to specific users and groups from AD (which we are using custom properties to do currently for apps).

clipboard_image_0.png

14 Comments
AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Just to note it's not sheet-level security - just sheet visibility. Professional users that can go into edit mode will still see the sheets that are set to hidden, they'll just be flagged as such. 

It's still a very useful feature, but shouldn't be considered a security feature as the data and visualisations are still there, just slightly hidden from the user. 

mbespartochnyy
Creator III
Creator III

Interesting. I didn't realize that's how it worked. Thanks for pointing it out, @AlexOmetis! Your comment has a potential to save someone's career.

That feels like a flaw almost. I was expecting that the Show Condition expression would control whether or not a sheet is visible and not whether or not a sheet is visible to users that don't have permission to duplicate and edit sheets. That's a small but hugely impactful caveat. Thank you for bringing that fact to light!

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived