Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Availability for the reload data action (button object) not only for app owner (Qlik Sense SaaS)

chaas
Contributor III
Contributor III

Availability for the reload data action (button object) not only for app owner (Qlik Sense SaaS)

Unfortunately, the reload data action for the button object works only if you are the owner of the Qlik Sense app (Qlik Sense SaaS). In our use case, a user (e.g. analyzer with space edit permissions) should be able to reload the application with changed data from an excel file.

As an app owner I can also just go into the data load editor to reload the app. Please make the reload data action available to other users as well.

Thank you

Christoph

20 Comments
Meghann_MacDonald

Hi all, here is info on the reloads according t security rules in Qlik Cloud:

Managed spaces: users with "can manage" or "owner" can reload apps and set schedules.

Shared spaces: users with "can manage", "can edit", or "owner" can reload apps and set schedules.

So I would say this idea refers to -> add or change role so that users can RELOAD without being given permission to MANAGE (add and delete users from space, change space details, etc).  

This can be worked around with app automation very simply, using the following documentation:

Qlik Help

Community Article by Emile 

Previusly, you needed to to paste the automation's CURL into the button in order for anyone to be allowed to use it (since automations could only be executed in the button by owner). However, in the next week we are releasing an update to the button that will allow the "Execute Automation" action to be clicked by anyone, regardless of app / automation owner.

Meghann_MacDonald_0-1682425249775.png

Ken_T
Creator III
Creator III

thank you for this workaround, I am sure many of us will give it a look.
However, this does not negate the fact that having a role to do this is totally needed. 100% without a doubt, needed.

there are multiple ideas that have been posted for this 
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/Allow-users-to-perform-app-reloads-in-Qlik-Sense-SaaS-...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/Add-Schedule-Reload-role-to-Managed-space-permissions/...

Having an automation workaround is good, but this should be do-able directly in the Qlik SAAS / QCG systems without such workarounds.

sfbi
Creator
Creator

Hi @Meghann_MacDonald 

This is already available for me (awesome), but how to show the notifications? I've tried to add a output (reload started for example) from the automation but it didn't worked.

Thank you

chaas
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @sfbi 

You can do it with the Update Run Title block.

update_run_title.png

sfbi
Creator
Creator

@chaas Thank you... I was able to set the notification, but only after the automation is completed, and not when the automation is running...

For example: Notification to inform user that the reload has started (this won't show).

sfbi_0-1682443002616.png

Meghann_MacDonald

Hi all, I was also having trouble with the notification last week, I’ll have @Emile_Koslowski comment on that one. 

And @Ken_T , I agree, still a valid request that many people would like to see! Will definitely keep this open. 

Emile_Koslowski
Employee
Employee

@sfbi It's only possible to use the Update Run Title block if it's at the end of your automation. If you want to let the user know the automation was started, you could use a 'Set variable value' action in the button before and after doing the Execute automation action:

Emile_Koslowski_0-1682502018426.png

sfbi
Creator
Creator

@Emile_Koslowski nice... I've created bkg color and icon variable for the button... thanks!

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived