Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
This page is no longer in use. To suggest an idea, please visit Browse and Suggest.

Count number of rows in a table

Andrea-Danielato
Employee
Employee

Count number of rows in a table

Hi,

very useful will be the chance to set a visualization condition related to the total number of rows returned by current selections and combination of fields present on a straight or pivot table. If the records returned are more than X the chart is not calculated. 

The best will be the possibility to display this info somewhere in the table object.

Thanks!

7 Comments
AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Can standard calculation conditions not be used for this purpose ?

Andrea-Danielato
Employee
Employee

Hi Andrew,

as far as I know there are a number of workaround using set analysis, sum(aggr(if...  but not a real solution.

Do you have anything that con be used straight forward, easy, effective and overall fast to be used?

Many thanks!

Andrea

AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I am not logged on this now but as far as I can remember both the calculation consition and the error message in QS can be expression-driven.

So you can use the various Get*Count functions, set analysis, NoOfRows, etc in the calculation condition.

Andrea-Danielato
Employee
Employee

You are right. but in some cases this can be really time consuming and not always easy to implement. For example if you build a dynamic pivot table where dimensions can be show or not depending on what you select from a list your expression can become easily difficult to define and/or to manage.

Andrea

Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived