Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. FIND OUT MORE

Dark mode

andries_g_t
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Dark mode

It would be great if the script editor could have a dark mode, which the user could toggle.

Basic CSS and a bit of bootstrap should do the trick.

10 Comments
WiscoSippi
Creator
Creator

Please and thank you! Make sure that the toggle selection persists even cookies/local files in the web browser are cleared. 

AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Yes, I'd definitely like a built-in dark mode. Right now I use the approach outline here that uses Stylus plugin and a theme that applies to any URL with /dataloadeditor/ in it (so it works for Client Managed or SaaS).

thomas_george
Contributor
Contributor

This would absolutely solve the printing issue we have!  While we're still mid-transformation, many of our staff member still like to be able to print Qlik sheets.  Since we use a dark theme, the print often come with A LOT of dark ink/toner on them.  If there was a style toggle, we could create and standardize on two themes: one for briefs, and one for printing. 

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you all for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea by commenting and liking.

Thanks, 
Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
AlexisLeCorfec
Contributor II
Contributor II

Any update on this idea ? I would love a dark theme in the script editor for qliksense

steasy
Contributor III
Contributor III

I'd love a dark theme too..

snelson2JBS
Contributor
Contributor

I will add my voice to the desire for a Dark Mode.

Like AlexOmetis above, I too use Stylus and a theme that utilizes CSS to alter the colors. Having customized and built upon it, I can definitively say that it is much better/easier on my eyes when coding for longer periods of time. Currently I am having to share the method with coworkers since this is still not a functionality built into Qlik. I know very little about CSS and it took me less than 1 week to customize. I feel like the UI team at Qlik could get this done in no time and offer the functionality to all users.

amonjaras
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hacking Qlik Sense is fun, but c'mon! That bright background is really tiresome after a while. Plus, photophobia is no joke:

https://www.mountsinai.org/health-library/symptoms/photophobia#:~:text=Photophobia%20is%20common.,pa....

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived