Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Dragging items without losing the size

dbfg
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dragging items without losing the size

I think a really important thing we need to be able to do is drag items without them resizing.

I've had a few issues now where I'm working with several KPIs and trying to move them around on a sheet is a nightmare. I have to resize them every single time I move them because they change size when moved.

Please add in some kind of option where for example if you hold CTRL while dragging an item, it stays the same size. If it's too big to fit the space, then it goes back to its original position.

33 Comments
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you all for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea.

Thanks, 

Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
jensen18
Contributor
Contributor

Please reconsider moving this up in priority - this is a huge time suck when designing a layout in Qlik. I think this is one of the top usability frustrations in the current designer UI.  90%+ of the time Qlik resizes a moved object to a size I don't want.  From a design perspective, I find I spend more time resizing objects after moving them than anything else.  CTRL move would be a great improvement but I'd take an option to just turn off resizing.

Commander
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

100% agree, moving objects around & resizing them is a real pain in Qlik Sense.

ajipaul03
Contributor III
Contributor III

100% agree. Qliksense is a real pain for developers. I had 6 pie charts and later realized that one is misplaced. I had to readjust all the charts to move this to the right location.

AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

This is such an obvious and hopefully easy to improve suggestion - 2021 anyone ? Please !

DvGogh
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

I 100% support this. This change would save countless hours in design!

RonaldZiggo
Contributor
Contributor

Ow yes please! most painful item on the list for me.

Stanislav_P
Contributor
Contributor

It's a need for all who make visualizations in Qlik.

CKJ
Contributor
Contributor

Can't believe this feature isn't a part of Qlik sense yet. 

@qliksense, please get this necessity in your next update. 

DaveN
Contributor
Contributor

I like using Qlik Sense, but I do a lot of visualizations and formatting can be frustratingly limited compared to excel even. This resizing issue is right up there on my list. Please make this a priority.