Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Embedding Websites into a Qlik Sheet

Oliver_F
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Embedding Websites into a Qlik Sheet

Hi,

One of my Clients has a product catalog online. The URL to each product can be generated based on the Product ID (www.productcatalog.com/[PRODUCT_ID])

We would like to have a feature to show that website on a Qlik Sheet. So whenever the user filters the application for a specific product all the product details and specifications will be shown on the website within Qlik.

Since widgets will not be supported in the future and all the extensions in the branch that provided this feature are not maintained anymore and stoped working, I would like to ask you to provide this feature.

I guess it should be quite easy for you to provide this within one of the extension bundles.

5 Comments
CHansford
Luminary
Luminary
Hi Oliver_F,
could you not use a Map object with no base map and then use the URL to pull through the image? I'm sure I have managed this before for images from the Flood Forecasting Centre. Hopefully the link is surfaced through a https:// url will depend on whether you can do this in SaaS, a problem I am having.
Regards
CHris
Oliver_F
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @CHansford ,

I like the creativity of your approach very much, but i do have two problems with this

1. I would missuse a chart so there is now guarantee that the workaround will work in the future
  2. this request is not about an image. I want to show a complete website. Similar to an <iframe> in HTML.

Just think about the opportunities: You filter for a product in Qlik. Right within Qlik you have your product catalog website embedded. This website could have further links leading to an online order form where you could create a new order directly. 

Meghann_MacDonald

Very cool idea! And interesting workaround as well, I didn't know that was possible @CHansford 

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived