Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Enable to use Azure KeyVault as a password manager and reference them in Qlik Replicate Endpoints

spachunuri
Contributor III
Contributor III

Enable to use Azure KeyVault as a password manager and reference them in Qlik Replicate Endpoints

Currently all the passwords are entered manually and incase i have to change them i have to go and change it manually across all the Endpoints. if Replicate supports using Azure KeyVault it will be easy. Currently lot of other tools support Azure KeyVault to safely store password.

8 Comments
Shelley_Brennan
Former Employee
Former Employee

Thank you for the suggestion.  We would like to collect feedback.

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
sidneyb
Contributor III
Contributor III

Good suggest, integration with Azure Key Vault is critical and helps a lot to properly manage access to cloud based endpoints.

Shelley_Brennan
Former Employee
Former Employee

Also note that Replicate does support a method for integrating with external vaults for password management.  It currently requires custom code - see the following section of the Replicate Help for details - https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/November2020/Content/Replicate/Main/Security/external_credenti...

We would welcome feedback on how this method of integration works for you and will leave this ideation open to collect feedback on support for Azure Key Vault and other password managers that does not require a coding effort.

spachunuri
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Shelly. Thanks. I looked at it and it seems it might work. But need some help on how i can reference the Azure KeyVault in the file MyPasswordProvider.c . This document is more generic and if there is some document which outlines how to do with Azure KeyVault would be really helpful. I will also try to look into this more but if someone already did it with custom code it would be helpful for everyone.

Shelley_Brennan
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would recommend also posting on the Replicate Data Integration Forum to see if any other customers have done something with this already - https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Replicate-Discussions/bd-p/qlik-replicate-discussions .

Meghann_MacDonald

Hi all, this idea post has been updated as declined in the new system. Please use the link below to track any further updates and comments.

Enable to use Azure KeyVault as a password manager and reference them in Qlike replicate Endpoints. 

Note: If the link will not authenticate you or you see a login page, please first authenticate yourself with the following link. You should then be able to use the idea links above. Authenticate me! 

Status changed to: Closed - Declined
Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived