Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Enforced MFA and/or Google SSO for Qlik Sense Business SaaS

Notwo
Contributor III
Contributor III

Enforced MFA and/or Google SSO for Qlik Sense Business SaaS

When will you make it possible to enforce Multi-Factor Authentication for all users in my Qlik Sense account? The security governance of MFA is very weak if it is up to the individual business user to enable MFA on their account as an optional feature. Like all our other SaaS services we would require to have MFA enforced account-wide by the admin.

Alternatively if you would include standard SSO options like Google Workspace to the Qlik Sense Business SaaS to re-use their MFA that comes with the SSO. 

@Sonja_Bauernfeind 

Tags (2)
3 Comments
AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

You should be able to make Google Workspace work with the "Generic" Identity Provider since it supports OpenID Connect: Signing in users with OIDC  |  Identity Platform Documentation (google.com). I've not done it, but I know you could make Azure AD work before it was on the list - they're all pretty similar given it's a standard auth mechanism. 

It would be nice to be able to enforce MFA for Qlik accounts within the SaaS environment, but I can see how this would be complex since it's using Qlik's IdP so you'd have to effectively take control of - or at least apply some kind of policy to - a user's Qlik account to enforce that as far as I can tell.  I think the better approach is to integrate with your own IdP and enforce whatever security requirement you have. 

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived