Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

Enhance add on support for Kafka endpoint in Qlik Replicate

Prabodh
Creator II
Creator II

Enhance add on support for Kafka endpoint in Qlik Replicate

I would like to propose an enhancement to Kafka endpoint in Replicate.

We are using ssl certificate based authentication for Kafka. In this case, we need to supply CA Root certificate chain, public key, private key and the password for private key.

The Kafka endpoint only supports addon to fetch the credential from external vault for the private key password field. However, the private key file content is also a secured artifact that we need to store in external vault. However, Replicate do not support add on for that field.

Please add addon support for private key file field in Kafka endpoint.

10 Comments
Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

We need a clarification to your request.

Are you requesting a field to put the content of the private key file, instead of the file name and password?

Status changed to: Open - New
EyalSilner
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Shelley_Brennan
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi there.  Checking again to see if we can get an answer to the above question:

Are you requesting a field to put the content of the private key file, instead of the file name and password?

Hoping we can get some more details to fully understand this request.

Thanks!

Prabodh
Creator II
Creator II

Yes, you are right. I am requesting a feature to allow us to provision the contents of the private key file to the Replicate task / endpoint from a password vault using addon.

Shelley_Brennan
Former Employee
Former Employee

Thank you for the clarification.  We will consider supporting this option in a future release and will collect feedback in the meantime.  Thank you!

EyalSilner
Employee
Employee

Hi,

We have seen that the Kafka client now supports the use of a Private Key file as content, so provision the contents as a password vault using the Addon can be considered as an option, but it seems our engine currently supports up to 2KB only.
Do you think this limitation can be valid?

Thanks,
Eyal. 

Prabodh
Creator II
Creator II

Unfortunately 2KB is going to be insufficient. Our current key file is around 8KB in size.

I am checking our standards for creating the key files.

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived