Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Enterprise QMC

AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Enterprise QMC

This idea is to extend the QMC across multiple servers.....

Oracle provide an OEM for enterprise customers providing a one-stop shop for system administration across multiple db instances.

Whilst managing a multi server (client-managed) Qlik Sense customer, the administration around app deployment, task schedules, security rule audits etc etc would be greatly simplified by a single view of the customer infrastructure. Even if this could be provided for just the "manage content" and "manage resources" sections it would be huge benefit.

Longer term : include hybrid management of client-managed and SaaS features from one place ?

Tags (3)
4 Comments
Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi @AndrewMcIlwrick getting back to your question I can tell you that we are having this on our list. It's mostly addressing the use case where you should be able to manage multiple tenants in an easy way, in case you need to have multiple tenants. Here is a screenshot of my "My Qlik" view when I'm asking for all tenants I can access. This view includes more demo and test tenants as it would for a Partner or Customer, but I'm showing it to you to give you an idea of what we are looking at. There is more to come but it is a topic which we do have 100 % on our list of things we want to do. But I've to say that this view would not include Client-Managed deployments even if we are planning to make the distribution of content more intuitive over the next couple of releases. Let me know if you have any other follow up questions. Best regards, Thomas

Thomas_Hopp_0-1617793203988.png

Status changed to: Open - On Roadmap
AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi. I was unfortunately hoping for client-managed, and more of a detailed view on a per server basis, i.e. if a customer has a DEV, UAT and PROD setup - allow security rules to be shown across all 3, and for virtual proxies, and for apps - a real enterprise view rather than just a simple tenant entry portal which your screenshot seems to suggest ?

AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Suggest changing status as the idea isn't really on road map 😉

Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Hi Andrew planned on Qlik SaaS but not client managed as you asked

Thanks

Ian

Status changed to: Closed - Declined