Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Expose method to allow download of Qliksense story with API call

Nathan1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Expose method to allow download of Qliksense story with API call

Hi there!

For the past several years I've been waiting for Qlik to introduce a way to automate the downloading of stories from Qliksense.  At one point it seemed as though Nprinting would eventually allow this but several years later and...nothing.  Stories themselves have had extremely few updates since I started working with Sense in version 3 (which was back in 2016!  Times flies!)

What I'd like:  Currently, it's possible to download a story in Qliksense to PDF/Powerpoint.  It seems as though it should be straightforward to allow this to be done via API as well, the same way that data can be exported via API.  This would allow extension developers and others to 1) take existing stories or 2) create stories, export these and email them to users.

The use case here would be 

1. An end user creates a new story
  2. API is used to download that story and email it
  3. Hooray!  Stories are useful!

This then prevents the end user from needing to go in every month and download the story. 

2 Comments
suganthirajkuma
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Nathan , Could yo please share the API which was used to automate the Story downloads and Emailing .

Andrew_Kruger
Employee
Employee

Have a look at the Qlik Cloud and the subscriptions to sheets (PDF and now PPT).  Not plan to introduce this to Stories on either QSEoW or Qlik Cloud at this time.  

Status changed to: Partially Delivered