Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW

Folder Access for Qlik Data Gataway

Alastair_Ometis
Partner - Contributor III

Folder Access for Qlik Data Gataway

Hi,

The arrival of Qlik Data Gateway (QDG) is a huge boon for us in promoting Qlik SaaS with our Customers as it fixes many problems not addressed by Qlik Data Transfer (QDT).

One feature that is obviously lacking is folder access via the gateway.

This and the fact that QDT and QDG can't coexist on the same server means that for on-prem files and on-prem data sources we would need to have both a server running QDT and a separate server running QDG.

Can Folder/file system access via QDG be enabled preventing the need for two separate servers for this use c

Tags (2)
6 Comments
Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

100% this is needed!! Especially as QDT and the Gateway are not able to co-exist on the same hardware

veronica1

Maybe I don't understand this correctly, but we DO have the Gateway installed on the same virtual machine where we have the QDT.

Alastair_Ometis

@veronica1 The documentation indicates that this is not a supported configuration.

see below:

BigAlMcDonald_0-1664866827856.png

from here:  Data gateways ‒ Qlik Cloud

I would be very careful using this configuration in a production environment as you may find that whilst it is possible (i.e. not specifically prevented by the installer) it could introduce technical issues.

The key thing however is that as it is not a supported configuration you could face difficulty getting support in the event of any issues which may arise.

Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - On Roadmap
Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived