Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Giving Access for Specific app to specific users in same Managed Space in Qlik SaaS

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Giving Access for Specific app to specific users in same Managed Space in Qlik SaaS

Hi Team,

I had come across a very great feature of Application Automation i.e. Loop and Reduce, but what I found is we do not have the mechanism to hide (provide access only to specific) apps from specific users in the same Managed Space.

This means I will have to either create as many managed spaces as the loop and reduce field. I understand that we can automate this process as well through automation, but managing so many managed spaces is not a good idea.

So my request you to please add functionality if possible to hide few apps from specific users in single managed space, this will help admin's like me to manage the tenant more efficiently.

Thanks

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Tags (1)
4 Comments
PietMichielRappelet
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi @kaushiknsolanki 

Thanks for sharing the question. 

We are working on fine grain access for your apps that will give you the ability to specify specific access permissions for users and groups (in your manage or shared spaced). More details will be shared soon.

We will also include these new capabilities as blocks in the Qlik Cloud connector in Qlik Application Automation. 

Kind regards, 

Piet-Michiel Rappelet
Product Manager Qlik Application Automation. 

Status changed to: Open - In Development
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Sounds good. Thanks @PietMichielRappelet  for letting me know this.

PabloLabbeImaps
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Fine grain access to the apps is currently available. You can manually define user access per app, if the user is not added to the space. 

Any updates about the new capabilities in the Qlik Cloud connector in Qlik Application Automation ?

Meghann_MacDonald

This feature has been delivered. Thank you for your contributions! Please review the listing in the SaaS change log for more information on this release. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Introduction/saas-change...

Status changed to: Delivered