Qlik Community

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
See why Qlik was recognized for the seventh year in a row – and discover how we can help you tackle your data integration challenges. Get the report

Google Analytics Web Connector - Compatibility for GA4

clownbassie
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Google Analytics Web Connector - Compatibility for GA4

The Google Analytics Web Connector is currently only compatible for the Google Universal Analytics (UA). GA4 is due to replace the current version of Google Analytics (Universal Analytics or UA) in June 2023. More and more customers are now migrating to GA4. The GA4 comes with a new API (Google Analytics Data API). It would be great if the web connector becomes compatible for this new API, or that a new web connector is created. 

Tags (1)
4 Comments
DW1993
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

This has come to my attention as well.  A few of my clients are using the Google Webconnectors. (universal analytics). Would be great if the webconnector is compatible with the new API! This way, my clients can keep using the webconnectors and extract fresh data. 

mruehl
Creator III
Creator III

Yes, I would really appreciate!

menta
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Me too.

Do you have a solution to connect Qlik Sense and GA4 using rest?

Thanks

clownbassie
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

@menta No not yet. Only a temporary solution which uses the  authorization tokens from the Google OAuth Playground. The tokens retrieved from the playground are valid for only 24 hours. For a permanant solution you need to go through the verification process with your Google Cloud project. Creating a JWT signature in Qlik Sense scripting is not possible, so this way of authentication is also not an option.