Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

Hide Published Apps in Hub with Access Denied

Peter_Adams
Employee
Employee

Hide Published Apps in Hub with Access Denied

Unlike Qlikview, Qlik Sense still displays published applications to users who cannot open them due to section access security.

It would be preferable to not display these applications in the Hub.

Unpublished applications should still be visible to the owner when access is denied.

Tags (2)
15 Comments
syedalamdar
Contributor
Contributor

Section access currently is used for data reduction. For most of our users, the apps co-exist in streams where some apps apply to a user, and others don't. There is a convoluted way to set this up from the server-side using the configuration method but makes way more sense to have this function baked into section access itself or to have a stream level section access so rather than reducing data, we can reduce the number of apps available for the user to interact with. 

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi @Peter_Adams thank you for sharing the idea with us. This is actually something which we do have listed on our backlog improvement road map. It's not decided yet if we do it and how but I'll update the idea as soon as I know which will be early next year.

Best regards,

Thomas

Status changed to: Open - On Roadmap
ansarikashif2017

Any update on this Idea?

Also, @Peter_Adams can you elaborate more on the idea?

Do you mean that if a user doesn't have access to an app based on the section access, the app shouldn't be visible to the user? 

If this is possible, that will be great.

peteradamsatqli
Employee
Employee

Yes, that is the goal.

panderson
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

PLEASE MAKE THIS A THING! I support six enterprise clients and most of them want this as a feature. having to do app by app security or make  ton of streams to hide apps is nuts.

pwagner
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

@Peter_Adams and @Thomas_Hopp 

Any update on this idea?
When can we expect to have this functionality in Qlik Sense?

rob_insley
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

yes this would be a great addition in Qlik Sense SaaS too

panderson
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Following. Please make this an option, i have 2 clients that refuse to migrate because of this one silly thing.

philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hello,

this "flaw" constantly gets bashed by our  customers,it would be very nice to deliver this feature soon.

TusharDev_Qlik
Creator II
Creator II

@Peter_Adams @philipp_kunz @panderson @rob_insley @@

Hello All,

Do we have an update on this ?

We also need this functionality in order to reduce Admin overhead .