Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Hide table headers in Powerpoint NPrinting reports

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Hide table headers in Powerpoint NPrinting reports

When adding a straight table into a PowerPoint report it would be great if there where an option to exclude the QlikView header when populating a table. This will enable NPrinting designers to become more flexible in the NPrinting report design without the need of making changes to the source QlikView/Qlik Sense document. 

What I am suggesting is similar to an feature available feature in the Excel reports. See image below containing the "Show header" property. 

Vegar_0-1615282137185.png

5 Comments
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I totaly agree with @Vegar !

I was going through this exercise some time ago and I spent a lot of time designing workaround to this. At the end my workaround worked, but I dont think it was worth an effort and as you may imagine it also has some flawns..

Andrew_Kruger
Employee
Employee

Thank you for the post - No updated planned here.  

Status changed to: Closed - Declined
tmcaridi55
Contributor
Contributor

In my case, not having the Show Header property available to PowerPoint (as it is for Word), renders the Table functionality useless for my report.  We need to be free to determine whether we want to include table item headers (Show) or exclude them completely (Hide).

My workaround was to add each table cell individually in the Cells node.  Cells can be imported into Qlik NPrinting report templates from documents and apps based on their position.  Although very tedious, it does work and does not include the cell header.

Add cells in PowerPointAdd cells in PowerPoint

Result is perfect:

PowerPoint Table using CellsPowerPoint Table using Cells

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Agree with @tmcaridi55 

Luckily the above example works because there is static number of rows, If you would have table which would produced dynamic number of rows you would have no choice option.

Happy_Mask_Salesman
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

I find myself around the same issue. Our customer has demanded a different colour for rows and header for a simple table. In order to do this, I must hide the headers to set a custom colour for the rows and header, but I don't see how to do this.

I found out that this idea has been rejected. I just would like to ask you again to see if this idea can reach the dev team.

Regards,