Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Improve the performance of the Office 365 Sharepoint connector

tommears14
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Improve the performance of the Office 365 Sharepoint connector

Qlik Support have confirmed/accepted that the Office 365 Sharepoint connector processes files considerably slower than Qlik web connectors (which I'm told could be deprecated in future). Feedback from Qlik R&D team state that there are "no further plans to improve the performance of the integrated SharePoint connector version because those two connectors are quite different under the covers." The only option left to address this issue is to raise this as an idea. 

Tags (2)
3 Comments
AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Just to add to this - we're seeing a 5-10x increase in load times from Excel files when using the new storage connector vs the Qlik Web Connectors. We had an app that references an Excel file many times in a loop and changing to the new storage connector (the only change in that app) added 5h onto the load time, making it 7h from a base of 2h. 

We took a small subset of data and tested loading the same file (looping through its 22 sheets) in different environments:

• Qlik Sense On-prem with Qlik Web Connectors' SharePoint connector - 18s
  • Qlik Sense On-prem SharePoint Storage connector - 94s.
  • Qlik Sense SaaS SharePoint Storage connector - 23s.

At least the SaaS storage one works roughly as well as the Web Connectors, it's just a massive shame that the on-prem storage one is virtually unusable. Of course we can workaround it (check for changes, load if necessary, cache the files etc) or roll back to QWC but that's going to stop working or being supported one day in the not too distant future I'd imagine.

I'm not sure that Qlik's response on this is satisfactory - it rather leaves on-prem customers in the lurch or carrying the cost of not fixing the underlying issue.

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived