Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

Measure/number formatting in Master Items

bartdeboed
Partner - Contributor III

Measure/number formatting in Master Items

I've been working with Qlik Sense for almost 2 years now and this one would save me so much time... I would love to be able to select the number formatting for a measure in the master items. Nothing is more annoying than having to manually change the number formatting each time after adding a master item. 

It shouldn't replace the option to change number formatting in visualisations, but there should be a default in the master item that can be changed for each visualisation accordingly.

5 Comments
marc_behrens

Lacking this option I always use Num(myExpression, 'myFormat') in Master Items. Works as well- but has to be done manually

Klaus75
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

+1. Marc your way works not in every case - and you know it ;-). 

I think it would be good to integrate two number formats (as i wrote in my comment related shared master elements and the ability to manage master elements external and import them via Qlik script) one for absolut values and own for relative values / shares. Otherwise there are only cases where the default formatting of the master element must be overruled in the chart settings (which must be nethertheless be possible).

bartdeboed

@marc_behrens , that doesn't always work and in order to make it work you also need to set the formatting to measure expression, which means you could just set it to the correct format anyway...

John_Teichman
Former Employee
Former Employee

Status changed to: Closed - Duplicate