Qlik Community

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Join “Do More With Qlik” with Mike Tarallo to get a first-hand look at the New Authoring Experience, June 29th: REGISTER HERE

Nprinting Group filters

forichon
Partner
Partner

Nprinting Group filters

We have a client who has a complex reporting delivery process running on Nprinting 16. They are using groups to send reports to specific group of users. They are also using the ability to assign filters on group of people. Right now if I use the group functionality, the filtering is either on the task or on each single user defined in the group. So if I want to send a report for a group based on a specific Category, I would have to create a task with that specific filter instead of creating a generic task. And putting the filters at the user level would not work as multiple filters would be combined for each user.

The current implementation may be ok with a simple delivery process, but our client (in food distribution) has complex reporting distribution conditions which, at the moment,  are not possible with the newer version of Nprinting.

Tags (1)
4 Comments
Andrew_Kruger
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Closed - Declined
forichon
Partner
Partner

Not cool!

Filippo_Nicolussi_P

Seems the idea was submitted for NPrinting 16 on April 29,  2020 based on Qlik NPrinting Product Lifecycle - Qlik Community - 1826342 NPrinting 16 reached End of Support on March 31, 2020  . 

terjeknappen
Partner
Partner

Hi

As I read the original post from @forichon , the idea was not a feature request for nPrinting 16, but based on a customer case where the customer was on nPrinting 16, but could not migrate to the new version due to this lack of functionality.

BTW, this functionality is still missing in version May 2021.

We have the same issue with one of our customers, and we need a fix for this.

The workaround proposed by support is not an option, due to the amount of duplicate reports needed:

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000042308