Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Nprinting Measure formula updates

Steven_Haught
Creator III
Creator III

Nprinting Measure formula updates

A great addition to Nprinting would be if we could change the target cell or formula cell from the actual <formula> of a measure to say the object ID or a token or something. Reason being so that you could update a measure in the app, refresh the metadata in Nprinting, and it would auto flow through to all apps that use that measure. 

Currently you must remember all reports that use a measure and update each report. 

Thanks,

Steven  

4 Comments
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Steven_Haught 

You can achieve this by using variables, right? Variables can hold formula definition and used with = signe will evaluate just like NPrinting formulas.... and the difference is that once you update variable definition it will flow through to everywhere where it is used....

AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

If you use Master Measures, then they will update automatically as you describe - it's only non-master expressions that need to be updated manually. I'd always recommend using Master Measures & Dimensions where possible when working with NPrinting. 

Steven_Haught
Creator III
Creator III

Since this posting I have seen both of those methods used to deliver the desired flow through. I will be implementing those in future Nprinting deployments for sure. Thank you both for the ideas and follow up here! 

Andrew_Kruger
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Closed - Archived