Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

Nprinting connection to SaaS (tenant)

boguslaw_gmitru
Partner - Contributor III

Nprinting connection to SaaS (tenant)

Please add possibility to create connection to app located in SaaS (tenant), from NPrinting. 

Tags (1)
8 Comments
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I agree that having ability to run reports from SaaS deployments is critical. I also think, that Qlik will unfortuantelly neglect the very important need of having reporting tool working with SaaS and there is little we can do about it.

This becomes a dealbreaker often when talking to clients who would easily sign up for Qlik SaaS, but they usually need some reporting tool which is currently unavailable.

I am not sure if this falls under your request Bogus, but I think having SaaS version of NPrinting could be alternative as well

AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

On the talk to experts webinar on NPrinting the other day, it was made clear they won't be developing NPrinting interaction with QS or QV SaaS. However they did say they're working on an alternative "enterprise reporting" feature that will be built into QS SaaS - I think they said we should see that H1 2021 but I'm sure they won't want to be held to that! 

boguslaw_gmitru

I heard the same story.  But this is an Idea if you think that that functionality will be nice to have, you can always support the idea. Maybe Qlik will reconsider their approach. 

guruprem
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I support this idea and Qlik should prioritize this for product continuity 

Andrew_Kruger
Employee
Employee

Thank you for the feedback on this post.  I am excited to share that last week we released our first scheduled report capability on the SaaS platform. Complementing existing capabilities of Alerting and Chart Monitoring, business users can now subscribe to a chart or a sheet to receive an export of their key analytics. This supports our Active Intelligence vision helping users engage with their analytics in real-time, when they need it, where they  need it! https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Product-Innovation-Blog/Self-Service-Reporting-Now-Available-in-Q... .  

As I spoke to in my Qlik World session on export and reporting (available on replay), Qlik NPrinting is our client managed reporting offering, I have a roadmap of reporting capabilities planned for the SaaS platform.  Feel free to check out  https://www.qlik.com/us/products/innovation-and-direction for news on what you can look forward to. 

Andrew_Kruger
Employee
Employee

See my post in this thread - Qlik NPrinting is our client managed value add product for reporting.  A roadmap of Qlik Sense on SaaS reporting capabilities, leveraging the cloud technology stack, is planned.  Our first schedule reporting capability was release on SaaS  https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Product-Innovation-Blog/Self-Service-Reporting-Now-Available-in-Q...

Status changed to: Closed - Declined
boguslaw_gmitru

Hi, thank you for your feedback.

My Idea is for improving the NPrinting (client-managed value add product) not SaaS.

I assume that on the roadmap there is no future improvement for Nprinting? If you don't plan future development for this product then OK, but if you plan to still develop new functionality for Nprinting then adding the possibility to connect to SaaS as the source is still a good idea.

Meghann_MacDonald

As the original idea is saas focused, this idea is delivered. If the request is still relevant please resubmit with the specifying information.

Meghann