Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Option to run Qlik Replicate tasks using Date & Time with millisecond precision

qlik_ruwi
Contributor II
Contributor II

Option to run Qlik Replicate tasks using Date & Time with millisecond precision

Millisecond option in Advanced Run Options > Tables are already loaded. Start processing changes from: Date & Time

This will enable child tasks that have Logstream as the source endpoint to resume at an exact time.

More info in my case: 02166977

7 Comments
Shelley_Brennan
Former Employee
Former Employee

What are your source endpoints?  Not all endpoints provide such granularity.  Thank you!

Status changed to: Open - New
qlik_ruwi
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Shelley, 

S/4 HANA to Logstream then Logstream to GCP. Millisecond option will help in resuming tasks with logstream as a source.

@Shelley_Brennan 

Shelley_Brennan
Former Employee
Former Employee

Thank you.  One enhancement we are prioritizing is supporting an advanced start from position for logstream tasks which is precise as compared to start from timestamp.  Would this mitigate the need to start from millisecond?

qlik_ruwi
Contributor II
Contributor II

@Shelley_Brennan , I believe having the feature of resuming from position instead of timestamp is much better. Thanks!

Shelley_Brennan
Former Employee
Former Employee

Thank you for the additional input.  Supporting start from position for logstream tasks is currently on the roadmap.  

Status changed to: Open - On Roadmap
Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived