Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Option to zip or not zip reports created with cycling feature

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Option to zip or not zip reports created with cycling feature

When distributing reports through e-mail using a cycle Field, NPrinting always zip the output, no matter if it´s one PDF.

For outputs like Excel, Word, Powerpoint and PDF, it´s desirable to have an option enable or not zip the output or maybe a threshold of number of individual outputs, if it´s higher, than the output is zipped, if it´s below then it´s attached as individual files. For Example: If number of individual pdf files generated by cycle for a recipient exceed 10 files, then he will receive it in a zip file.

I'm aware of mailbox limits, so zipping the content is better, but even with zip as attachment, the mailbox limit can be exceeded.

This feature can help us to migrate a legacy reporting system that actually send reports as individual pdf files and customer want to keep receiving reports by e-mails in same way after NPrinting implementation. Customer can open the reports directly on his mobile. With zip attachment, it´s only possible to open it in the desktop.

#NP16gap

This idea comes from old ideation board. I just copy and paste it here.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
24 Comments
cupelix-qlik
Contributor III
Contributor III

This is a really annoying feature, having just moved over to v21 from v16, we have daily reports which go out by hospital along with Weekly & Monthly Versions of reports all of which use the Cycle feature, i have so many complaints from the hospitals about broken processes because of this useless automatic feature of Zipping Files that use a Cycle. WHY!!!!!!!!!! do this.

So i will now have re-create all the reports as individual reports which is going to take days of work to replicate the work of the Cycle process.

If i had known this was a feature of v21 i would of stayed on v16, as i have other issues that i need to create a work around such as having a folder location as a Recipient which you cant do on the new version.

My experience with this new version is not one i would recommend to others, who are using non-Qlik products or are still using v16.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi @cupelix-qlik ,

I'm sorry for this, I will notify the message internally. Thanks for the feedback.

The output formats are documented in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DistributionSchedulesAutomation/Repo...in case it could help you.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

xretaillaud
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi

When will it be possible to get Cycle reports outside the zip? Is this on the roadmap ?

Many Thanks

Xavier

mramitbhandari17
Contributor III
Contributor III

Nprinting should give additional feature to uncheck zip file in Cycle enable with sub task. It will provide more flexibility to produce reports according to the customers. And customer's experience will be raised towards Qlik automation.